Ello From London Town

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Walter Sickert, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Walter Sickert

Walter Sickert New Member

Where You LEAST Expect To Make My Aquaintence
    Ello Mates, I has had a nice letter from a Lady askin that I introduces meself proper like!

Names Walter and I live in wot we calls "The Smoke" ere in England. Thats London, or wot we likes to call Lunnon where me an me mates hang around. I aint got an electric guitar yet, but I wants to get an SG Custom. First time I sees one wos when Alice Cooper come over an played at The Rainbow Theatre an one of his band had this White Guitar wiv 3 Pickups. I now no it to be an SG Custom?
    Me an some mates as a band and we plays regular at our boozer "The Moon and Parrot" down Kilburn High Road but the old acoustic dont cut it no more. So I gets me mate Jed to go an find me one with a pocket full of my wedge. When it comes I'll put a foto up.

Nice place you has ere and gotta ask...who is that nice Lady wiv the good letter writting skills? I am 36 and sorta between girls at the minute.

Walter

Sorry about my spellin, I aint good wiv wurds an that.

2. Wags

Wags New Member

Welcome to ETSG Walter! Happy to have you join us from the other side of the BIG pond!! Behave yourself, post pics of your gear, and all will be well.

Wags.....Waggles :)

3. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

Hi Walter and welcome to ETSG. Good to see yet another Englishman here, there are a few of us so hopefully you'll feel right at home!
    I think you'll make a few friends when you get your Custom, VERY popular Guitar in these parts!!

I have to ask........I know the Kilburn High Road Boozers and have played in a few over the years, but "The Moon and Parrot" has got me stumped. There used to be a great little pub called "The Grapes" but that closed down a while back and the last I heard was that it was being developed into a Sushi Restuarant, I wonder whether it ever happened?

Anyway, welcome again.

Oh....The Nice Lady? That's none other than the ETSG Greeter "Wags". I think she'll like your credentials, but I'm afraid that she is spoken for.....as they say. O0

Pip Pip
    Lexie :)

4. Walter Sickert

Ello again Mates, specialy Waggles!

Ere Les, you no The Grapes? Small old world in it!! Yes they wos gonna turn it in to some fansy food place but they never. Big Dave what has the Bell browt it an its now The Moon and Parrot. Theres a big room up top where bands play and where the strippers do there stuff on sunday lunchs. We play there onse a month and Big Dave pays good for acts.

My SG is gonna be a white one. Jed found me one what was brown and it aint the same. I aint a fussy bloke but I like wot I like an white it as to be. My mate Bal has a amp what I can have cheap and that and the SG is gonna be loud. You best get yerself up on a sunday evenin and have a jam wiv us. We plays old stuff like Deep Purple and Motorhead an that if ya fansy it. You can bring Waggles to.

Walter

5. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

WS,

Welcome to the fray.

Yah, back in the day, it was the pic of Alice Cooper's guitarists
    lined up with SG Customs on the "Love It To Death" (1972?) album
    (and the sound) plus the fact that I had a Mate that had 3 or 4 old
    SG's that I got to play often that got me hooked.

You'll find that the upper fret access and the light weight makes the SG
    the PERFECT gigging guitar!

6. Walter Sickert

Ello Mate, You likes the old SG and all then? I has a few qwestuns, but I aint that shure I nos enuff about the guitar yet.
    The one I wants as an andle fing that I dont see wot that does yet? It is at the back of the guitar near where you hangs your strap.
    And does 3 pickups make lots of diferences to the sounds? I no I sound like a Dick Ead but I jus wanna get it right wen I gets it.

Les, is it a go then? You comin to jam or wot? You want my number?

Walter

7. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

Hi again Walter,
    Couple of things. Firstly, the name is LEXIE not Les......but it doesn't matter. Secondly, I think that what you need to do is start to look at some of the other Areas on the Forum where you'll find places that can answer just about every question that you could imagine.

Secondly...... Look, it helps me.......I use it all the time.... under this box where you write, you'll see 3 Buttons? Post. Preview and Spell Check. Try the spell check one. I understand exactly what you write, but don't forget, I come from England, there are far more American Members than us English, so they might have trouble understanding what you are asking. No Offence.....as I said...I use this all the time because my spelling is awful!!!!!!!

Give me a few days to see what's happening in the Diary before I commit to coming down to Lunnon. O0

Pip Pip
    Lexie ;)

8. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Walter, You old dog !
    Ow in the 'ell did you locate me 'ere ?

9. Walter Sickert

Ello me Old China!

Ere, you never thort you was gettin away wiv this did ya? Its been quite the talk of the town mate.

Wot button Les? I cant see wot you is banging on abaht. Anyways ifn I cant spell, hows that gonna elp? I has had a shufty abaht an I sees some good places to lern stuf abaht the Custom. I now no that the andle thing is called a Vibrolo. Great innit!!

Walter