Epiphone Launches "Inspired By Gibson" Collections

Discussion in 'Epiphone SG' started by DrBGood, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Stark Naked

Stark Naked Member

Hey! Check it out. Go to their web page, musiciansfriend.com, type in Epiphone SG Standard. When it comes up go to "Specifications. Body wood: Mahogany, Neck wood: Mahogany, Finish: Gloss nitro cellulose lacquer. If their lying we should pursue a lawsuit.

2. Stark Naked

Stark Naked Member

. Epiphone seems to have an up dated EBO with a 30 1/2 inch scale and a newer EB3 with a 34 inch scale. Both look great by SG standards but must be neck heavy. They do have the new style head stock. Maybe their a step up. Same web sight.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  3. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that you can sue someone with out actually being victimized or suffering in some way but since there's no info on the Epi site, which I'm sure there would be if it was nitro, I'm fairly sure someone at MF made a quick guestimate after googling "guitar finish". More proof you should never buy guitars online.

On a side note; first they take all the non original Epi models to the side so folks will get drilled to feel they're not reeeeeeeal SGs, LPs, whatever but then under the category "Inspired by" they're still listed as "Original SG, Original LP, Original whatever" - make up your mind you f*cking muppets, this is ridiculous.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
  4. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

I don't see it that way. It's all semantics and marketing. Would a guitar name prevent you from buying it ? I think they are trying to create a new vibe around that line, and it seem to work pretty well if you ask me.

5. Von Trapp

I know we have different takes on this but I can't see any other reason then that they want to make sure people who can't afford a "real" SG (and don't know better) and who get an Epi, to be aware of that and thus spend considerable time saving up for the "real" thing in order to get better...yeah, sh!t, I don't know... but probably "tone" then.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    DrBGood likes this.
  6. Stark Naked

Stark Naked Member

The lawsuit idea was just a little joke. However, misrepresentation with intent to defraud can be a real legal issue.
    Let me apologize in advance for this comment. I don't want to sound arrogant, but because I played guitar for a living six or seven days a week five or six hours a night for 35 years, I always tried to buy premium instruments. That said, my Epiphones are as good as and in some cases superior to some of my Gibson's. I'm pleased that I can buy a quality guitar so reasonably priced and recommend them to other musicians. Let it go!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  7. DrBGood

8. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

Yuck. Bendy neck right up until he breaks it. Not buying from his shop.

Stark Naked and DrBGood like this.
  9. DrBGood

:rofl: ... I was going to mention that ... but didn't.

Stark Naked likes this.
  10. Von Trapp

What's to apologize? You should take a day off every now and then though...

Stark Naked likes this.
  11. Robert Nunn

Robert Nunn Member

Its just another marketing ploy. The phrase doesn't mean anything more

12. Stark Naked

Stark Naked Member

These neck benders are the first to complain if they see paint cracks around the neck/body joint.
    Darrell Braun has an interesting YouTube "Why I'll never buy another Gibson". I'm pretty sure I've seen him pull that bendy stunt.

Last edited: May 2, 2020