Epiphone Les Paul Special I

Absynthe

Reaction score
I got this Epi Special at a local store. It is used and the former owner changed the original tuners to Grovers. It's a nice guitar,mahogany neck and body with a thin satin finish in a classic color with great P-90 pickups.

008.jpg

004.jpg

001-001.jpg

jvin248

Reaction score

Nice! They are good handy players. I had a TV Yellow dual Humbucker before.

Mine's a little modded. Push/pull on the 16kohm pup for 8kohm single (neck screw side).
It has black reflector knobs currently and a Bourns volume pot.

EpiLPJr_150620b.jpg

Notes69

Reaction score
Nice. Like that color.

I just grabbed a new black one. Needs to be dialed in, but it's a fun guitar. Ill make time soon to make some adjustments, tweaks, and personalizations.

Hope you Enjoy your new guitar!

epi lp 2.jpg

Chubbles

Reaction score
Having Grovers on one of these is a nice upgrade. Enjoy!

satchmodog

Reaction score
Pretty darn nice and I dig the color. I was leery about these because of price, but there was a used limited edition at Music go Round so I played it and bought it. I own a Led Paul custom and while I'm not going to compare these two the sound this hundred dollar guitar emits is surely a Led Paul sound. The tuners blow dog, but I'll live with them.
Honestly, the switch is my only real gripe about this thing and that's a cheap fix. The tuners are a quick two minute fix before I play generally, so it's not a huge deal.
I'm also really digging your P 90s. Always loved that sound.

DrBGood

Reaction score
What about the switch ? I've had mine for 4 years now and no problem there. Once a year I lubricate it with spray and it keeps toggling happily.

Notes69

Reaction score
My only complaints at the time I received my guitar were, worst strings in the history of guitar, and crummy tuners.

Well, here it is several weeks later...I replaced the strings obviously, so one problem solved. And, ya know, this thing has actually kept good tune. Im a big bender, and other than the g once in a while, this thing holds strong.
Im always surprised when I pick it up, and the thing is still in tune.

I did a few trus adjustments over the course of a few days, lowered the action. This thing jams. Love the sound of the p90. Really, there isn't anything I should do to it.

It's not my go to guitar, but I love this friggen thing. My only regret is Not getting two of them when they were $79!!

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
I picked up a red one at the local pawn shop a few weeks ago.
The nut needed some adjustment ( had to be shimmed up 2 pieces of paper, fretted at the 3rd, strings were touching the 1st), & the bridge lowered a bit. Best $60 I've spent GAS wise.

Latest posts