Epiphone SG Neck Profiling

ffs_auggie

Reaction score
So I am in the market for an SG, I was originally looking at a Gibson SG Standard but I was kind of more appealed to Epiphone's headstock angle and price tag. My only concerns are the neck shape of the newer 'Inspired by Gibson" Epiphone SG Standard. I use to own an Epiphone SG Traditional Pro and that neck was god awful. I am wondering what the deal is with the newer Epi SG Standard necks?

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
Your best bet is to go out and actually get your hands on as many as possible. Neck profiles are super subjective, and have a lot of natural variability. A surprisingly small change in any one dimension can have a big effect on how you perceive the overall feel of the neck. Line up 5 "identical" instruments in a row and you will find they don't necessarily play the same, and you will have preferences which 5 other players may or may not agree with.

It took me a long time to finally realize that while there are guitars I like, and guitars I don't like, there is no way to know for sure based on published specs alone which ones will be which.

Latest posts