Epiphone Vintage G-400 2004 Worn Brown

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by DrBGood, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

http://www.epiphone.com/News-Featur...400--Why-Is-This-Guitar-Shaking-Up-The-I.aspx
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These are actually a good bit hotter than Gibson 57s(getting into Burstbucker pro territory) but that's what the volume knobs are for! I like them a lot more than the Gibsons for modern metal and acid jazz and roll off the treble and add a little volume, they're blues monsters. My vintage has a long Maestro and Kluson tuners added.
    g400vert.jpg
    It has seen a fair bit of action and shows it, up close, but remains as solid as the day I got it. Lowest action of any of my flock.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  2. John61

John61 Active Member

Hey Doc - just reading this now - been packing up the G400 (for one of our forum members), so too late for the side-by-side. I may be able to do something with existing photos though. The front top cut bevels around the horns are a little more angled on the 61. Why'd I sell? First, I have too much time on my hands, plus I just didn't get on with the orange toggle switch :) No, seriously, I like the finish better - and I'll admit, I like seeing 'Gibson' on the peg head. Please don't hate me for it ;)

But I've been playing the Gibson quite a bit over the last 4 days and I can definitely say the G400 compares very favorably. When I ordered them in 2004, I was sent two by mistake - brown and cherry - I played them both and kept the brown - I couldn't get over how well they played and how good the quality was. I should have kept them both. The forum member I sold to is getting a great guitar that is virtually brand new - I would just take it out one week per year when the slide bug bit - then back in the closet it went. I'm glad it's going to a good home and a Duane Allman fan to boot.

Raiyn, DrBGood and Biddlin like this.
  3. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

+1

4. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

mmmmmmmmmm you said Acid Jazz........

5. Raiyn

Raiyn Well-Known Member

mmmmmmmmmmm you said Acid........
    [​IMG]