Evil Robot Amp

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by saxosim, Oct 7, 2011.

1. saxosim

saxosim Active Member

Does anyone own or have you heard an Evil Robot amplifier in action, they sound amazing, I would love one but at $1600 far too much for me currently. Amazing sound!!

http://www.frettedamericana.com/john_kasha_amplifier_evilrobot_phil_x_custom_214_2010-ai-1184.html

Would love to hear an SG through one. They do them as a combi or a head with a cab.

I watched some clips of one on YouTube last night being played by Phil X who is an amazing guitarist and he seems to be the name behind these amps with John Kasha as he wanted a replacement for his Magnatone tonemaster which is on it's last legs and are apparently ultra rare nowadays as they were around in the 60's and also sound amazing.

2. Tenafly Viper

Tenafly Viper Member

The Magnatone is my dream amp. Having said that, I'd probably still get a 69 Superlead over the Magnatone because of the output difference. I have heard Phil's. His copy sounds great. It would be nice to hear them side by side.

3. revelroy

revelroy Member

I DID see a cl;ip of them being played side by side! I forget where though...

4. saxosim

saxosim Active Member

If you view the other videos by the same user I am sure there was one of them side by side in there somenwhere, fantastic amp though (evil robot) no wonder he wanted a replacement for his magnatone If it is worn out that thing sounds amazing.

5. straightblues

straightblues Member

I went to the LA Amp show and saw and heard the Evil Robot. I played it myself for awhile. They are great amps. Not very flexible, but the tone they get is an amazing one. Then Phil X came in and played through it for about 1/2 hour. He made it sound better than I did. 8) :coolsmiley:

6. mdubya

mdubya Well-Known Member

7. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

Phil's awesome! Watching his videos is addictive as all hell. He's from Toronto same as me I might add :thumb:

I'd love an Evil Robot. They sound like pure rawk!!1