Favorite Guitar in your present collection?

Larry

Reaction score
Lawn Giland, New Yawk (as we natives call it)
It's my CIJ 62 reissue Tele with the 72 maple neck and electronics. For some reason I just can't go a day without playing it! It's much warmer sounding than most and only has a slight Tele twang. I guess that's why I like it. OK, I seem to be babbling here.........

Voxman

Staff Member
Reaction score
The CIJ's are always excellent ... and I hate those icepick tele bridge pickups! The Broadcaster pups are warmer sounding :)

Dettol666

Reaction score
dsc00042rd5.jpg

At the moment its my EVH Wolfgang special, first ever purchase of eBay.

oldrockfan

Reaction score
it would be very hard for me to pick a favorite. About 2 years ago I decided instead of having a bunch of decent guitars, I woudl sell off the ones I didn't play much and use that money to get 5 great guitars. Over about a year and a half, I've been assembling my favorite 5 guitars. Strat, 335, LP, SG and one open slot for a 5th guitar.

Daniel

Reaction score
I don't have a favourite per se. then again I only have two, which are completely different in sound and feel. one active, one passive. it really depends on what I play, and what mood I'm in. some days I love my Lado for it's aggressive sound and huge mid-hump. but other times I like my SG's more mellower rounded tone...

62SG

Reaction score
My '67 V. The only thing I can't do is real jangly, folkie style stuff, but I don't think Gibby meant for the V to cover that anyway. Replaced the old ABR with a TOM, which I like a lot better. It also has a Dirty Fingers replacement in the bridge, which I don't know how I've lived without until now.

(I'd post pics but the wife has put the digital in a mysterious location yet to be determined. ???)

JWest

Reaction score
Right now it's this..

Picture011.jpg

Just got it last week and haven't been able to put it down. I hate working now because all I want to do is play the lp!!

oldrockfan

Reaction score
after a bit of thought, if forced to only have one guitar, I think it would have to be my strat. There are some things my gibbys can do that it can't but I've had it alot of years and probably put more hours on it than any other guitar. I guess that has to count for something. It also has a really good tone and a great action even though it has had to have a couple of refrets over the years.

q-4000-SG Guy

Reaction score
[quote author=oldrockfan link=topic=15620.msg199634#msg199634 date=1195503922]
after a bit of thought, if forced to only have one guitar, I think it would have to be my strat. There are some things my gibbys can do that it can't but I've had it alot of years and probably put more hours on it than any other guitar. I guess that has to count for something. It also has a really good tone and a great action even though it has had to have a couple of refrets over the years.
[/quote]
brings up a new topic! if you could only KEEP ONE! which woudl it be?
topic is here
http://everythingsg.com/forum/index.php?topic=15630.0

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
My 65 Special. It's not the prettiest........ may not be the best sounding to some.......... but it's been through so many shows with me. I know it and it knows me.

Hackubus

Reaction score
Right now, it's a Edwards LP Custom copy with 3 p'ups. And it's white. That's the only reason I bought it. I wanted a white LPC w 3 hummers since I spotted Steve Clark's.

Anyhoo....it's just so darned fun to play!

Raging Taco

Reaction score
right now, the good old explorer. its actually not old at all, but its my favorite at the moment

62SG

Reaction score
[quote author=Hackubus link=topic=15620.msg199852#msg199852 date=1195656910]
Right now, it's a Edwards LP Custom copy with 3 p'ups. And it's white. That's the only reason I bought it. I wanted a white LPC w 3 hummers since I spotted Steve Clark's.

Anyhoo....it's just so darned fun to play!

[/quote]

Know what you mean. I had a highly used Epi Custom 3 pickup Lester a while back. The electronics had been totally redone and the pickups were Sd '59 in neck and middle, Super distortion in the bridge. Kick ass axe. Sold it for the usual "I need money and its only an Epi" reason, but will one day build the same guitar.

smk506

Reaction score
Tough choice! I'd say, either 07 melody maker or sg faded for neck playability but as far as looks, sound, playability, the whole package, I have a Les Paul custom lite with Bill Lawrence pickups that shimmer and scream.

twinfan

Reaction score
It would be my '61 resissue with vibrola, on the right below......

SGs.jpg

MauritsP

Reaction score
Those look great Twinfan. All that's left to do is take that sticker off. :)

My favorite at the moment is probably my Samick acoustic, for the life of me I can't remember the model.

twinfan

Reaction score
The sticker has been off for a long time - it's an old photo taken just after I got the Gibson. The Epiphone now has black screws for the pickup surrounds and witch hat knobs....

Latest posts