fed ex makin me angry

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by famousguy, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Bogart

Bogart Member

You know, I've never, ever had a problem with Canada Post. I'm sure the Postal Service in the states is similar.

If you aren't home, and they ALWAYS check, they leave a sticker on your door, and then they take the package to the nearest Canada Post. So easy, never had a problem, AND it's cheaper than UPS and FedEx.

2. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

very sad indeed....hope it gets resolved...can't imagine the screws doing that. could this be a shippers idea of an insurance scam??

you guys have me nervous now...i have a guit in the mail as we speak!! :o :shock: :x

3. famousguy

famousguy Member

every time I look at it, its worse....the crack basically goes at least halfway through the body. It looks/sounds so good otherwise its a huge tease. Whatever happened i'm still sitting here in shock, hoping it gets resolved ASAP. It probably did happen in shipping. I doubt they would have sent out a "new" guitar in that kind of condition.....i'm gonna go eat my pain away while i wait for a response hahaha :roll: This is one of those smaller dealers that just discontinued carrying gibson, so their stock is probably dwindling. If they only take an exchange i might end up with a damn rickenbacker or les paul classic instead :o :o :o

4. ess

ess Guest

got any crappy pups you can replace the ones there with?? send em back a double goose. :x :x :x

cool out supremely on the soldering. aye. :evil:

5. TNT

TNT Active Member

Sell it as a Pete Townshend Edition :D
    [​IMG]

6. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

:D 8) :p :idea: :!:

7. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

8. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

Last summer I ordered a FADED FLYING V from MUSIC123.
    The box was in great shape when I got it. But inside, it was a huge mess.
    The nut was busted in pieces. The plastic pick guard cover was off
    and the pick guard had MAJOR scratches all over it.

Seems to me I got a warehouse junk pile reject and it
    could not have gone from Gibson that way...no way!

Well, needless to say it went back and I got my money back too.
    But, what a hassle all the way around...

9. Chris

Chris Member

Dang! :( The plate screws wouldn't do that.

Besides, It wouldn't get through QC without being scrapped.

Looks like FedEx's fault to me.

10. CharlieB

CharlieB Active Member

THats FEDEX

it got dropped

11. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

or it was a return and sat in the MUSIC123 warehouse
    and got busted up, then shipped to unsuspecting me...

But who really knows?

12. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Dropped in my opinion..... :evil:

13. jigman

jigman Member

I am very sorry for your troubles here-the very reason I cited my bad experince early on. Not to discourage you but just to be honest about what can go wrong will. I will NEVER EVER purchase anything I cant go to a store and buy. And it will NEVER be GC since i have since discovered two independent stores here to meet all my needs. I am happy to support these folks (ggod people) tryin to compete with MF & GC. They will meet all their published prices too. And I know I'm givin my $$$ to people I actually know. I have spent over $4,000.00 there in the last month just to get back at GC. I kinda saw this coming though I hoped you might be an exception

14. Bogart

Bogart Member

BEST MUSIC STORE EVER.

You guys gotta come to Canada and check out Long and McQuade.

So fantastic. The stores are large, but the staff are incredible, most of them play in local bands, so we all know each other, and the prices are unbeatble. Add to that some in-store financing (easy), and it's the best store I've ever been to.

15. famousguy

famousguy Member

yah it was a crapshoot, they offered me about 250 dollars off MFs price though, that was too tempting. Plus they have a good reputation. I called them today and they were apologetic and told me to file a claim through fedex and keep in contact with the dealer through the process, so we'll see

16. MainFrame185

MainFrame185 Member

Guys, guys, guys!

I can't believe what I'm hearing! File a claim through FedEx?! Tell them to GFTS... Your dealer had a contract w/ FedEx to deliver the product they sold you on time and intact. They did not. Guess what? IT'S NOT YOUR PROBLEM :!: :!: :!: I'm not trying to tell you what to do famousguy, but we as musicians are the consumers here, and we shouldn't have to put up w/ this kind of crap IMO.

If it was me, and I know it's not, I'd call your dealer, ask them for a RMA and prepaid return shipping voucher, and let them argue w/ FedEx as to who broke it. Then I'd take the refund and buy a guitar from the local dealer of your choice, for all the reasons previously listed on this post...

Anyway, don't let it spoil your vacation...

17. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Good point................. Sick em! :evil: :evil: :evil:

18. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

GGggggggrrrrrr!!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FedEx has a good reputation, in general, but FedEx Ground is a company that FedEx bought a bunch of years back called RPS. It is a different thing altogether. They are rough with the shipments (just like UPS) and they also seem to have all sorts of problems delivering to the correct address, etc.

Personally, I would tell the store I bought it from that I just want to return it to them. I would be persistant and forceful on the issue. Chances are the store will want to keep your business and will be willing to exchange for a guitar that's not BROKEN. I agree with mainframe. Its not your responsibility to argue with FedEX (You will have 0 leverage with them because you are not even their customer). I would be really surprised if FedEx paid insurance (to you) on claim like this. I would also be really surprised if the store wouldn't take the guitar back.

20. famousguy

famousguy Member

an inspector came out and said although its a pain in the ass getting anything out of them, he does not see why they wouldnt pay out in this particular case after seeing the guitar/box. He said they should contact me within ten days. If they refuse the music store knows ill be contacting them, they said "they'd take care of me" so we'll see...........i'll let you guys know what happens