Fender Super Sonic 22w... Have you played through one?

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by Chuteboxehero, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Chuteboxehero

Chuteboxehero Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Deluxe Reverb but with a 2 stage gain channel and no vibrato. Has anyone owned one? Any input would be appreciated.

2. Dale

Dale Well-Known Member

I have played one a very little bit. Inthese brief encounters it has impressed me as having potential. As I have a Mk V and Rockerberb 50 Mk III I have not really gone further. Sorry.

3. Eatapeach89

Eatapeach89 New Member

4. SweetJohnnyD

SweetJohnnyD New Member

Nice Fender tone and reverb from the clean channel but the overdrive channel is underehelming. There's a reason why you don't see them much and prices have gone down. You going to get much better results from a Deluxe Reverb and a pedal

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 11:56 AM
  5. Chuteboxehero

Thanks for the replies. This is definitely an interesting amp. It came down to choosing between this and an AC15 and I picked up the Vox. After years of not really digging the AC series amps I really started to appreciate that Vox clean tone and they take an overdrive pedal nicely. Thanks again for all the input.

6. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

You need a Marshall, any Marshall. :yesway:

7. Chuteboxehero

Funny you say that... I saw one of those Code series amps kicking around while i was checking out the Vox and it was rather inexpensive. Figured it might be fun for a quick session without dragging out the pedals etc... So I picked that up as well. 50w I think? 1x12. Anyhow, it sounds surprisingly not bad! I kinda like it. With a little tweaking some of those patches sound pretty awesome. Someday though I'll pick up a JCM800. That's been on the wanted list for a long time.

pedecamp likes this.