Fender VI bass

Decadent Dan

Reaction score
Evidently I’ve been living under a rock because I didn’t know these exist.
Does anybody here have one or the Squier version?

87638840-BECE-425C-BA6F-BA726C15F3B7.jpeg

Norton

Reaction score
I've got one when they were first released 2015-ish??? Super interesting instruments. But a serious platform for mods.

The trem is completely useless. If you like tuning stability, I mean.

I got a hard tail string anchor plate and drilled out the dumb assed rivets for the bridge pins and put the stock bridge on standard tune o matic threaded pins. MAJOR improvement.

I swapped the pickups out for a single humbucker in the middle. Tuning is super stable and the guitar sounds great.

String gauges are important.

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
I think I have seen pictures, but never got to handle one. I would totally love to try one out though. Something tells me I would like it. :D

That vibrato unit looks like the same one as my Jazzmaster, and my experience has been very good with it. It was one of the easiest systems to balance springs against string tension, and my tuning stability has been rock solid, even when set to full float (both up and down bends from the arm). There is an adjustment screw on the face plate, and you just dial it in from there.

The range of motion is less than a Strat, so massive dive bombs are not a thing with it, but very precise control is possible over a pitch range that is about two thirds of what a Strat has.

Norton

Reaction score
There's a near 0% chance of getting the squier Bass VI stock bridge/trem system to play with any semblance of tuning stability.

the Bass VI has always been notoriously finicky within the already notoriously finicky offset bridge/trem/setup world...and the squier is no exception.

However, it's got really good points. The tuners are super solid. the fretwork on mine was really nice.

The stock trem/bridge combo was not capable of reliable tuning stability. This is the overwhelming consensus of the bass VI experts... I'm not one of those experts. Not even close.

The Descent and Mastery combos reportedly work extremely well with the bass VI. But the stock setup was simply too weak to be reliable. And I wasn't willing to put that kind of $$ into the solution. Plus Bass trem? I don't need that. 👍👍👍

Latest posts