First Epiphone SG Standard '61 w/ maestro

PeterH

Reaction score
Really ? They are so clear and have such good string definition. But sure, you can't set your amp & effects the same as with humbuckers or single coils.

What is it you didn't like ?

The clear tones are really good actually, it was the crunchy blues sound, wich I often play that sounds weak and for Metal they don't fit at all.

Thats why I like the Probucker so much, after raising the bridge Pickup, the Sound got more Volume to it and the Tone was more direct not that muddy like in the beginning. Now I'm able to get almost every Tone needed.

ksaderfos

Reaction score
i like very much the symetrical horns on that hb s200. i bought the same one a couple of weeks ago, used plus padded gigbag, in dark cherry red, for 80 euros. no dings or scrathes, superb finish and colour, slim, straight neck, fretts in perfect condition, holds tunning, low action - no frett buzzing, hot pickups! Saien factory - China made 10 years ago. Don't know what's wrong with the neck of your guitar, mine is SUPER DUPER!
PS: i am also an amateur player, with a music talent nearing perfect "0"!.... :smile:

PeterH

Reaction score
Peter, There is another place I believe is called Pickguardian. https://www.pickguardian.com/

BUT MAN, I kind of dig your guitar just as it is. Contrasting color of top and bevels and all.

Yeah its just a lovely guitar with all its specs etc.
The Batwing Pickguard is the only thing missing out.

I recently broke the high E String twice whilst using the Vibrola. Always on the end where its wounded around that knob or button. Does anyone got a idea why this happens?

PeterH

Reaction score
i like very much the symetrical horns on that hb s200. i bought the same one a couple of weeks ago, used plus padded gigbag, in dark cherry red, for 80 euros. no dings or scrathes, superb finish and colour, slim, straight neck, fretts in perfect condition, holds tunning, low action - no frett buzzing, hot pickups! Saien factory - China made 10 years ago. Don't know what's wrong with the neck of your guitar, mine is SUPER DUPER!
PS: i am also an amateur player, with a music talent nearing perfect "0"!.... :smile:

I also bought mine with an amp used off the internet for 45 euros. I also like the symetrical Horns and the Sound of the Pickups.

But i noticed that i got buzzing no matter how high i set the Action because the screws couldnt hold the Neck in Position.
IMG_20211202_232606.jpg

ksaderfos

Reaction score
hb246467059_4477242505730099_1494236713262773273_n.jpg

Attachments

• hb246467059_4477242505730099_1494236713262773273_n.jpg
    hb246467059_4477242505730099_1494236713262773273_n.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1

ksaderfos

Reaction score
actually is an Epiphone sg special with a different headstock....

ksaderfos

Reaction score
"...the screws couldnt hold the Neck in Position..."
what?!?!?!?!....

PeterH

Reaction score
oh, i'll check mine and up some pics. maybe the screws are bent, twisted....
I didn't want ro alarm maybe this one got a bit abused by its former owner. Like i said it was really cheap.

ksaderfos

Reaction score
I didn't want ro alarm maybe this one got a bit abused by its former owner. Like i said it was really cheap.
maybe that is the reason for such a low price... well, you ought to try your talents as a luthier! did you unscrew the neck?

ksaderfos

Reaction score
... without the complete fret access that SGs are known for... :p
the access to all frets are easy. just the lower horn is of similar size to the upper. i own an epi special ve and an g400. the lower cuts are identical. check my avatar. it's a c.giant (older harley benton sg model) - g310 copy, with a deeper lower cut than the epi's!!! i promise to post some pics for comparison.

Last edited:

PeterH

Reaction score
maybe that is the reason for such a low price... well, you ought to try your talents as a luthier! did you unscrew the neck?
No, my friends gonns get it for decoration i don't need more guitars

PeterH

Reaction score

PeterH

Reaction score

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
If the neck screws are stripped or otherwise not holding the neck tight, you will want to see to it ASAP. The problem will only get worse and become harder to fix. I would pull the neck off and see what you are dealing with and go from there. If the holes are stripped, I wouldn't put it back together until it was repaired. If you do need to put it back together for some reason, I would leave the strings loose. Repair should just involve gluing some material in and getting some meat in the hole for the threads to bite.

Latest posts