Fort Hood

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Spunky, Nov 6, 2009.

1. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

And what about the Palestinians and the Jews? That one has been going on forever and I believe some turd named Hilter tried some eradicating.........didn't work out to well for him.

2. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

Wease...

This was about Ft Hood and Islam not the Nazis or the fakestinians.
    There won't be any eradicating of Islam that's for sure.

Just saying your children's future will involve lots of indiscriminate killing and all perpetrated by Muslims.
    That is our future.

3. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

I know what you're trying to say Spunky, I was just making a comparison. The bottom line is, you know we're in trouble when you see this.

[​IMG]

4. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

Wease..that is too funny...love the pic

The problem I had with your comparison is the following.
    Islam is not a race, it is a so called religion, (Cult in my opiniom).
    Hitler was not trying to eliminate Judaism (religion), he was trying to eradicate a race (Jews).
    The history of Israel and the Trans-Jordanians starts in 1947 and is a religious war between the Muslims and the Jews.
    That conflict just enforces the words of the Fatiha and the other Suras in the Quran calling on Muslims to kill the Jews. The war will never end. This conflict will go on until the end of time.
    I think limiting Islamic immigration and enforcing US laws in places like Dearborn Michigan where the Muslim youth are attacking non-Muslims. It is a hate crime and needs to be dealt with harshly to warn the others.
    To be honest with you, I carry a spring assisted folding knife with me wherever I go. I like the Tanto tips as they are stronger and less prone to breakage. I carry the knives because I do not feel safe with Muslims in my area.
    Nice way to live eh?
    The Mexican and black gangs never bothered me and I felt that if I gave them respect and stayed out of their way I was OK and that worked just fine all my life. I've always been able to make peace with gangsters if there was a conflict. Not with Muslims though...different...and they won't reason with you.

5. ESSER

ESSER Active Member

The world needs cleansing. I am free on Fridays after 5pm.

6. John J

John J Active Member

A lot of good points from all sides on this one.
    Back to Spunkys point about Hitler eliminating a race (Jews) rather than a religion. I think he was just trying to get rid of any group he hated. He hated Jews, gypsies, mentally disabled, homosexuals, among others and gassed as many he could. I believe that he had what he considered the ideal arian person and those that didn't come close to that were eliminated. Some Jews were allowed to convert to another religion and were spared.
    I also believe that any religion that condones killing under religious circumstances is little more than a cult. Same thing goes to one that will forgive what ever you have done in return for money.

7. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

I thought history has said he hated them because they strongly controlled most of the wealth of the country? I can't believe such a madman could take over the minds of a whole country while avoiding many assassination attempts .. I watch the history and military channel a lot!

8. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

[quote author=Spunky link=topic=19924.msg241524#msg241524 date=1257710444]
    Just a simple point folks.

There is always the Atheist vs Believer argument and that will never be over as there can be no proof that God exists except through faith alone. Sgt B and TNT have valid opposing points.

My point is this about Fort Hood and all the killings in the last 100 years.

Have there been any killings in the name of the Christian God?
    Have there been any killings in the name of Buddha?
    Have there been any killings in the name of Mormonism?
    Have there been any killings in the name of the Pope?
    Have there been any killings in the name of Jesus?
    Have there been any killings in the name of the Hindu Gods?
    Was WWII a religious war?

There have been people from all these faiths that have committed murder that is a fact but they did not commit these murders because of their religion nor did they invoke their religion when committing the murders.

The only killings that are currently being carried out in the name of a religion are committed by Muslims.
    Yelling Allah Akbar before opening fire on unarmed people is invoking the Islamic God.

Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols did not bomb the Murrah Federal Bldg in the name of any religion or God.

Muslims are the only people in the world that kill their wives and daughters for honor.

So if a simple solution is offered, it could be said that we can completely eliminate all religious killings and honor killings by eliminating Islam as no other religion's followers commit murder in the name of religion except Muslims.

[/quote]

The last hundred years?

Just a taste,

Hitler:
    "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Northern Ireland, Catholics and Protestants killing each other.

Lebanon,

18 September 1982. Massacre of Palestinians by Christian Phalangists in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps.
    The exact number killed by the Lebanese Forces militia is disputed, with estimates ranging from 328 to 3,500.

USA, http://www.kkk.com/ (no need to look beyond the first page)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

India,
    Indian police arrested a Hindu monk on Wednesday during an investigation into a wave of bomb attacks that have killed more than 200 people this year. Sudhakar Dwivedi, who often used the alias Swami Amritanand, was arrested in Kanpur in the central state of Uttar Pradesh. The head of a Hindu monastery, Amritanand was charged with conspiring in an attack on the predominantly Muslim town of Malegoan in September which killed four people.

http://topics.ibnlive.com/Assassination+Anniversary.html

Tibet, http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article1968987.ece

BTW, Jews are Arabs whose faith is Judaism.

(It's in the DNA)

9. sgtbeefheart

[quote author=TNT link=topic=19924.msg241522#msg241522 date=1257708240]
    First spoken as an unbeliever that you are you are at best wishy washy in your arguments.

You say that without laws and with man being inherently evil. All manner of evil would be unleashed unchecked were it not for law. The laws we have are based on the Bible whether you like it or not. The liberal view of religion is that it should be suppressed which will result in rethinking the foundations of the laws we have. If we had no more religion, moral values would plummet more than they already have.

God made man, He has the right to take away the life He has given through wars, epidemics, whatever.

If there is no God and your soul is not eternal and only lives for the life of the body, then what reason would there be to do anything good at all? Would you not want to just take and take?

A person who does not believe in Jesus is not necessarily a "bad" person, just a lost person.

Religion is about faith. The Bible is truth. To follow or worship any man is folly.

Mark 7:9 says" And He said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition."
    He was rebuking the Pharisees and scribes for being hypocrites. That they were putting their traditions first instead of their hearts toward God.

Herin lies the problem with being a Christian. You really NEED to read the Bible first before you quote from it.
    Revelation 22:18-19 -For I testify unto every Man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book. If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book. And if any man shall take awy from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things written in this book.

[/quote]

As an unbeliever, or infidel, my theories, (not arguments), are bound to be wishy washy, because I've not enjoyed the luxury of having a book to tell me what to believe.

I've had to examine the world in my own way without prejudice.

I did not, never have, nor ever will use the word "evil" in reference to the natural behaviour of any animal.

We are what we are.

"God made man, He has the right to take away the life He has given through wars, epidemics, whatever."

So all killing is ok then, because God did it.

I personally don't wish to murder, rape, rob, torture, or hurt anyone in any way at all.

No-one had to make me feel that way, and I'm not lost because I know exactly where Heaven and Hell are.

Do the bling covered TV evangelists believe in God, and are their souls eternal?

Why do Christians believe that they have a monopoly when it comes to being good people, especially when history shows they've frequently proved otherwise?

The Bible was written by men, is it folly to follow them?

I won't even start on hypocrites.

As for the quote from Revelations, I'm really scared now.

Is the guy that wrote it going to come round and smite me, and take my SG?

I've given my opinion, that's all, and I see no point in attempting to have a rational debate with someone who merely quotes from a book that I believe was written by men, and is not the word of God.

Herein lies the problem in being an unbeliever, if there is a God, we'll never know, because he/she/it has bad P.R.

"It says it here in the book" just isn't good enough.

BTW, hasn't anyone else ever noticed this, Go(o)d - (D)evil?

Also, are you familiar with this,

" In the beginning God separated the heavens and the earth "?

10. John J

John J Active Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=19924.msg241597#msg241597 date=1257859839]

I personally don't wish to murder, rape, rob, torture, or hurt anyone in any way at all.

Why do Christians believe that they have a monopoly when it comes to being good people, especially when history shows they've frequently proved otherwise?

[/quote] I was raised as a Catholic until the age of about 13. I stopped going to church about the same time I left the Catholic grade school. Some of my values came from what I was taught in grade school, most came from my parents, grandparents and friends.
    The statement that SGTB made about Christians thinking they're the only good people always bothered me. I thought it was rather self- righteous and egotistical to think that. Just plain wrong.

11. 8-ball

8-ball Member

12. John J

John J Active Member

[quote author=Voxman link=topic=19924.msg241589#msg241589 date=1257821783]
    I thought history has said he hated them because they strongly controlled most of the wealth of the country? I can't believe such a madman could take over the minds of a whole country while avoiding many assassination attempts .. I watch the history and military channel a lot!
    [/quote] Me too. It started out that way but he had to change the wording or explanation to the fact that they didn't fit his perfect race profile to get others to hate them to the point of wanting them dead instead of just gone from Germany. Ironic part is that he didn't fit the profile either.

13. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

I have held back from commenting on all the religious arguments made from all points of view. As a Christian, I full well know many non-believers feel Christians are simply self absorbed or hypocrites that judge others. The planks in my eyes are way too big for me to try to spot specs in anyone elses eyes so I avoid that sort of thing.

The more I see about this case, the more saddened I am. Looks like we are going to be opening a big can of worms with this investigation. HOpefully we will at least learn from it and take some necessary steps to avoid it happening in the future. I do believe all religions have the right to their own beliefs as long as they don't impact others. Clearly the teaching to kill all infidels qualifies as a problem. So the big question is what do we do about it?

14. TNT

TNT Active Member

We are what we are.
    Oddly Calvinists believe that too. I believe anyone can change if they want to and sometimes they need help.

"God made man, He has the right to take away the life He has given through wars, epidemics, whatever."

Commandment #1 - Thou shalt not kill (murder)Exodus 20:13

No-one had to make me feel that way, and I'm not lost because I know exactly where Heaven and Hell are.

Do the bling covered TV evangelists believe in God, and are their souls eternal?
    Where his soul goes is not for me or anyone else to judge, but is the basis for what I said about following a man. If what he says/does isn't Biblical, then it may be a show and not sincere.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.Not of works lest any man should boast.
    It doesn't matter how good you are. That in of itself will not get a person into heaven. Some Christians can be as astray as non-believers. Look up the word Apostate.

The Bible was written by men, is it folly to follow them? I would not be following the men who wrote down the Bible. I would be following the God who gave them the words to write.

I won't even start on hypocrites. Jim Bakker hurt Christians more than anyone I can think of.

Is the guy that wrote it going to come round and smite me, and take my SG? That was so blashphemous I really don't know what to say.

I've given my opinion, that's all, and I see no point in attempting to have a rational debate with someone who merely quotes from a book that I believe was written by men, and is not the word of God.

Herein lies the problem in being an unbeliever, if there is a God, we'll never know, because he/she/it has bad P.R.

"It says it here in the book" just isn't good enough. Jesus was able to resist temptation from the Devil after he fasted 40days using nothing but scripture. If it was good enough for Him, it's good enough for me.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Please quote the Bible correctly
    Christians are still sinners, they just can't enjoy it anymore. You mention the bad things that Christians have done but they are still human and make mistakes.
    The apostle Paul said; Finally brethern, whatsover things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phillipians 4:8

15. sgtbeefheart

[quote author=TNT link=topic=19924.msg241620#msg241620 date=1257899077]
    We are what we are.
    Oddly Calvinists believe that too. I believe anyone can change if they want to and sometimes they need help.

Agreed, humans have choice, some choose to follow their most base instincts, and some do so because of psychological damge in their personal history.

Commandment #1 - Thou shalt not kill (murder)Exodus 20:13

My point was that wars are perpetrated by men, in breach of commandment 1 as you suggest, by God's will

Where his soul goes is not for me or anyone else to judge, but is the basis for what I said about following a man. If what he says/does isn't Biblical, then it may be a show and not sincere.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.Not of works lest any man should boast.
    It doesn't matter how good you are. That in of itself will not get a person into heaven. Some Christians can be as astray as non-believers. Look up the word Apostate.

The Bible was written by men, is it folly to follow them? I would not be following the men who wrote down the Bible. I would be following the God who gave them the words to write.

I won't even start on hypocrites. Jim Bakker hurt Christians more than anyone I can think of.

Is the guy that wrote it going to come round and smite me, and take my SG? That was so blashphemous I really don't know what to say.

Surely it can only be blasphemy if it comes from a believer.

"It says it here in the book" just isn't good enough. Jesus was able to resist temptation from the Devil after he fasted 40days using nothing but scripture. If it was good enough for Him, it's good enough for me.

Quoting scripture to an non-believer is pointless.

It's like someone saying " I don't think French is a real language, what do you think, and getting a reply in French.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Please quote the Bible correctly
    Christians are still sinners, they just can't enjoy it anymore. You mention the bad things that Christians have done but they are still human and make mistakes.
    The apostle Paul said; Finally brethern, whatsover things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Phillipians 4:8

My quote came from someone who has read the Bible a little. :)

I think you'll find the article interesting, and definitely controversial - http://tinyurl.com/ylmotye

"Professor Ellen van Wolde, a respected Old Testament scholar and author, claims the first sentence of Genesis "in the beginning God created the Heaven and the Earth" is not a true translation of the Hebrew.

She claims she has carried out fresh textual analysis that suggests the writers of the great book never intended to suggest that God created the world -- and in fact the Earth was already there when he created humans and animals.

Prof Van Wolde, 54, who will present a thesis on the subject at Radboud University in The Netherlands where she studies, said she had re-analysed the original Hebrew text and placed it in the context of the Bible as a whole, and in the context of other creation stories from ancient Mesopotamia.

She said she eventually concluded the Hebrew verb "bara", which is used in the first sentence of the book of Genesis, does not mean "to create" but to "spatially separate".

The first sentence should now read "in the beginning God separated the Heaven and the Earth"

[/quote]

16. sgtbeefheart

[quote author=oldrockfan link=topic=19924.msg241612#msg241612 date=1257887114]
    I have held back from commenting on all the religious arguments made from all points of view. As a Christian, I full well know many non-believers feel Christians are simply self absorbed or hypocrites that judge others. The planks in my eyes are way too big for me to try to spot specs in anyone elses eyes so I avoid that sort of thing.

The more I see about this case, the more saddened I am. Looks like we are going to be opening a big can of worms with this investigation. HOpefully we will at least learn from it and take some necessary steps to avoid it happening in the future. I do believe all religions have the right to their own beliefs as long as they don't impact others. Clearly the teaching to kill all infidels qualifies as a problem. So the big question is what do we do about it?
    [/quote]

This from spunky, " until all Muslims are converted, killed or deported!" is both ironic and sad, and could only put us on the road to something extremists on both sides have been praying for, Armageddon.

These extremists will search their sacred books for passages that can be mis-interpreted or corrupted to justify their actions.

The Old Testament and the Saudi version of the Qu'ran are fertile grounds.

17. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

[quote author=sgtbeefheart link=topic=19924.msg241595#msg241595 date=1257858383]
    The last hundred years?

Just a taste,

Hitler:
    "Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."

Northern Ireland, Catholics and Protestants killing each other.

Lebanon,

18 September 1982. Massacre of Palestinians by Christian Phalangists in the Sabra and Shatila refugee camps.
    The exact number killed by the Lebanese Forces militia is disputed, with estimates ranging from 328 to 3,500.

USA, http://www.kkk.com/ (no need to look beyond the first page)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

India,
    Indian police arrested a Hindu monk on Wednesday during an investigation into a wave of bomb attacks that have killed more than 200 people this year. Sudhakar Dwivedi, who often used the alias Swami Amritanand, was arrested in Kanpur in the central state of Uttar Pradesh. The head of a Hindu monastery, Amritanand was charged with conspiring in an attack on the predominantly Muslim town of Malegoan in September which killed four people.

http://topics.ibnlive.com/Assassination+Anniversary.html

Tibet, http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article1968987.ece

BTW, Jews are Arabs whose faith is Judaism.

(It's in the DNA)
    [/quote]

I asked you to show me killings in the name of a religion. Hitler was a Jew as his Mother was Jewish.
    He used religion as an excuse and never quoted from the bible to justify his killiing.
    I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."....this is not in the bible...

None of the others that have killed have quoted from the bible either.

Every killing in the name of Islam gets quotes from the Quran.

That is the difference.

Catholics and Protestants killing each other but do they invoke passages from the bible...NOOOOOO
    Not the Indians or anyone else.

You have stretched this so thin as to make it acceptable for anyone to justify killing in the name of nothing. I am talking about reference to a passage in the bible. There is none....none....
    With Islamic terrorism and killing, there are always quotations from the Quran.

2 totally different things Sgt B....don't play me ....I asked and you obfuscated and tried to muddy the water. I wanted and asked you nicely to show me killing in the name of Christianity with reference to the bible and a passage. Instead you now are having fun ridiculing me...You just lost favor there for that. You have no argument with any reference to truth and reality so now you try to vilify me..Good job there....NOT!
    I can justify killing and say what Hitler said. It did not reference any bible text or teaching and was just justification for the henious act.
    I won't let that pass as an answer to the question. You are better than that and you know it. You are sidestepping what I asked like a freaking crab...scuttling about like such a PC.

OK so your idea is to just embrace the Islam and convert or just accept all the killing that will never end.
    Islam will not stop killing non-muslims and until you smug PC sheeple understand that you are part of the problem too.

Do you live with bears and lions and other dangerous animals in your neighborhood and have people just disappear as food? NO you don't do you? But you would accept Islam into your community knowing full well that girls will be raped and people killed by these animals because of what? A freaking religion.....That is absurd!
    We kill the animals, convert them into zoo specimens or deport them into the wild to keep people safe. What is the difference with Muslims? They and their ideology is extremely dangerous and you will never tame them as the Quran is the word of GOD and cannot be changed. You cannot argue, discuss or otherwise convince Muslims not to kill, subjugate or convert any Non-muslims. So what is the difference between living with Muslims or dangerous animals as far as our safety goes?
    You want to ridicukle instead of putting real facts out there. So be it but I refuse to lower myself to your infantile level of PC BS misunderstanding. Go convert to Islam..you are already 1/2 way there already!

18. sgtbeefheart

Classic.

We can only be grateful that you weren't born in the middle east.

I won't be responding to any more of your posts in this thread.

19. Spunky

Spunky Active Member

Sgt B.

You gotta understand something.
    Veterans, Grandmothers and anyone not a Democrat were labeled as extremists here in the USA during the last Presidential election and even after.
    If you like country music and a little fried chicken you are a possible homegrown terrorist. Yes we got that label too!
    This is the PC spin coming from Homeland Security and accuses Patriots of being terrorists.
    We are not talking about Nazi skinheads.....they are not Patriots and cause more harm.

I think possibly religion needs to be scrubbed from any talks about Islam and just reference the Islamic ideology.
    Maybe that way we don't bring into the discussion all those religious points that have no bearing here.

To label me an "extremist" as you have done several times in your posts is going to result in a reaction from me or did you expect me to roll over and let you claim victim status as an outraged liberal? That has no bearing here either.

The Muslims do this same thing all the time, they attack and kill and then claim victim status. After the Fort Hood shooting, it was all about everyone rushing to the side of the Muslims to protect them from the inevitable backlash. Hate crimes were called into the Police in advance of the crimes that were never committed. There was no backlash......
    There were no hate crimes against Muslims after the shooting. Now Obama is trying to distance the cause from Islam as best he can but I gotta tell you if the shooter was yelling Sig Heil, he'd be a Nazi and if he was yelling Praise the Lord, he'd be a Christian whacko. He did yell Allau Akbar and that too adds something to the crime and we all know it. It is just that people are scared to death of Muslims and refuse to acknowledge that this was a crime committed in the name of Islam, the ideology.

It isn't about right wing or left. It isn't about religion. It isn't about race or national origin. It's not about liberal or conservative.

What this is about is an ideology that seeks to subjugate the whole world.
    Islam has a duty to Allah to conquer by the sword the entire Earth and kill, convert or subjugate all non-Muslims.

So instead of labeling me and attacking me from a tit for tat viewpoint, lets say we look at the ideology alone.
    Maybe that would be a better way of eliminating all the religious dribble that seems to mucking up the discussion.

We all have such diverse religious beliefs here and different amounts of knowledge and even some revisionist history tossed in. We won't ever come to any common areas of agreement this way. We just need to look at this from another viewpoint that is clear.
    Bear with me a moment as I try to reach out from that different viewpoint.

Lets say we have Socialism, Communism, Democracy and Marxism. Those are all ways to govern and control the people that are in use today in the world. If we can agree on that then lets take it one step further. Islam is a complete ideology that incorporates governance and laws. It is like another type of governance. We can leave out the religious part from all of these types of government types because it does not matter what religion you are.
    They all have a set of laws and moral standards and a well established hierarchical government system.
    Each of these governments enforce the rules on the populace, collect taxes and have a ruling elite.

Islam has not changed in 1400 years. The laws are the same as are the dress codes. The punishments are the same as they were 1400 years ago too. gender discrimination is built into the system top to bottom. Treatment of people not living under this trype of government are treated as inferior in all ways. Islam is a complete government system with Sharia law vs canon law or another type.

So if we are only looking at this from a perspective of "gee, which government would I like to live under", I personally would choose Democracy. My ex wife lives in a Communist country and likes it better than Democracy. Most of Europe is basically Socialist and Brazil went Marxist as is North Korea. Who here would like to live under Islam? I'm not saying convert to Islam, I am just asking would any of you want to live under Islamic law and government?

20. TNT

TNT Active Member

"Treatment of people not living under this trype of government are treated as inferior in all ways".

The only thing that they seem to respect is a .50 cal barrel pointed at them. Lord knows they don't wanna take it on directly, they just call foul until some liberal says to turn the barrel a different direction - then they attack it. They play on peoples guilt and trust, and their good nature. Then kill them.