Forum Software Upgrade Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm working on the color changes at the moment. I probably won't be done with the other stuff until Monday the latest.

The old forum software is no longer supported by vBulletin, so we're now using XenForo which is a great community platform IMO.

Biddlin

Reaction score
Will we get the "how to" and catalog info back?

eS.G.

Reaction score
UHM a serious question......................why will this new format not allow me to log in through google chrome?????

I can do so through Micropuke Explorer but not CHROME..........CHROME is pretty........help....

eS.G.

Reaction score
Well not to go against the grain----however similar changes ----actually to the identical forum layout-- happened over at the motorcycle forum I lurk around on....took some adjustment but if it means the forum can continue on without gliches or crashes---or security problems then , I can adapt.

Adapt and Overcome---Marine Corp saying :)

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
My text view has changed from White to Black. Makes it extremely difficult to read against the darker background...

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
experimenting: Testing color check......... anyone else having the same problem?

Zagnut

Reaction score
Guys, I'm working on the color changes at the moment. I probably won't be done with the other stuff until Monday the latest.

The old forum software is no longer supported by vBulletin, so we're now using XenForo which is a great community platform IMO.

I can dig it. I'm not much on change either, but I understand the reason. I'll adjust as I like the relaxed flavor of this forum and all the personalities on it too much to bugger off. Besides, where else are you going to find any info about SGs? This is the only group demented enough to care about them.o_O

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
Bingo on the color changes and Monday. To read posts, I highlight the entry and can read it.......

bea

Reaction score
Thanks, and I hope you like the new forum look and features.

I always liked XenForo better than VB.

But the colors need a lot of fine tuning!

Most important: the dark backround should be a bit lighter, a slightly less dark dark grey. Years ago i set up this page: http://diether.ritzert.net/ and did a lot of fine tuning on the contrasts for better readability. Maybe You should take this as an example. Maybe the colors in the navigation boxes should be improved as well

I am a bit surprised that the galleries were not converted to XenForo as the latter is a direct successor from the VB, even written by its main developer.

Dave_Death

Reaction score
Well I found it eventually. I was trying to use the old URL and thought the site was just down. Then I did a search for everything sg and found this. Colours seem okay to me ... maybe they've been tweaked over the last few hours before I found it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts