Forum Software Upgrade Complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty_p

Reaction score
Hmmm...seems I have to reload my signature pic. Oh...well.

Speaking of which...I don't seem to be able to upload a sig pic from my PC. Does it have to be done from an image host, like photobucket?

Also, our avatars are at a different resolution and so we'll need to redo them so everything fits in the allotted space.

Last edited:

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
As I understand it, it is in transit? Part of the change over and the attempt will be mad to get it back in place.... It is hard (at least for me) to really understand to total size of making a change over like this. So many things have to work together......... and maybe that includes us...

cybermgk

Reaction score
Miss a way to list THreads you personally started. Other sites with this same software break it into your posts, and your threads Not just YOur Content.

WavMixer

Reaction score
ugh I don't like it!!!! its new and im unsure and unconfutable...............the only change I like is GEAR
I've found that changing socks and underwear can be a pleasant experience... as far as change goes.

Six String

Staff Member
Reaction score
I think there is a place in your profile that will show you the threads and even posts you have done. There is also a "watched threads" and "New Post" button at the top of you screen that may help...........

cybermgk

Reaction score
I think there is a place in your profile that will show you the threads and even posts you have done. There is also a "watched threads" and "New Post" button at the top of you screen that may help...........
Nope, not a way to list JUST threads you created. Posts and threads are lumped together. Like I said, it is possible on sites with the same BB software, just isn't 'turned on' here.

Most places that use this same BB software, on the pop up when you mouse your screen name, it lists Your threads and Your posts as separate choices, not just a lumped together (same as on the profile page btw) Your Content.

smitty_p

Reaction score
So, is this same update gonna be done at MLP?

THAT will be hilarious! Just let us know when you do it, Alex, so we can all go over there and watch the show!

83 Blazer

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good. I Did like that you used to see the poster's location and number of posts in their avatar in the old format. Now many of my old posts don't have pics attached as I linked many of them from my albums. And no, I'm not re-posting them.
....and apparently, if I turn my phone to landscape when I'm looking at all this like I usually do but didn't when I first saw the update, I can see everything I am sad to be missing above. Doh! How come nobody said anything? That's kinda embarrassing!
I take all of that back, except the bit about my albums. That's still a bummer. Oh well.

LeadFinger

Reaction score
So, is this same update gonna be done at MLP?

THAT will be hilarious! Just let us know when you do it, Alex, so we can all go over there and watch the show!

Oh, man! It will be a hissy fit of epic proportions. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a hunger strike.

smitty_p

Reaction score
Alex,

I just noticed, you changed the orange font thing. It's getting there, now. Definitely easier to see.

This kind of stuff is never easy. I work around IT guys and I know anything like this is a major undertaking and it's always a work in progress.

Like it or not, guys, Alex deserves a few kudos. I'm sure he wouldn't have taken on this headache if it wasn't necessary.

WavMixer

Reaction score
Alex,

I just noticed, you changed the orange font thing. It's getting there, now. Definitely easier to see.

This kind of stuff is never easy. I work around IT guys and I know anything like this is a major undertaking and it's always a work in progress.

Like it or not, guys, Alex deserves a few kudos. I'm sure he wouldn't have taken on this headache if it wasn't necessary.

Agreed! Thank you Alex for all of the hard work you have done here. Thank you for changing font colors to be readable. I have administered forums and shopping carts for many years and I know how upgrades of the same software can go from version to version, let alone importing a database from one program into the another. I'm actually in a similar process for a cart that I'm currently working on. I haven't worked with XenForo yet, but I'm looking forward to see how this has evolved from vBulletin. As I hear, the creator of XenForo once worked at vBulletin.

So again I thank you for your hard work.

83 Blazer

Reaction score
[QUOTE="83 Blazer, post: 359544, member: 4513
I take all of that back, except the bit about my albums. That's still a bummer. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

....and now I see there is a media tab which has 'albums' in it. I guess I just don't know when to keep my mouth shut.

I guess I'll start loading some picture files and wait for the next new feature of the upgraded forum to appear. Exciting isn't it:rolleyes:

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
So far my cumulative experiences and reading have left me with 1 main suggestion for now. The login area needs to not be grey on black with black letters in grey boxes. Please make the words white. Trouble seeing them on fone and computer like they are.

Oh, yup and Galleries kinda sux

dub-setter

Reaction score
found that album for your own gallery
folder ist now under tab media /add media

greetz

dbb

Reaction score
Where is the photo album? Did we loose that too?

I'm beginning to think Wade has the right idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.