FT Yamaha Revstar RSP20CR

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by nopicknick, Aug 15, 2018.

1. nopicknick

nopicknick Member

This is a Yamaha Revstar "MIJ" RSP20CR in excellent condition. Zero fret wear and is completely stock. Couple of very minor scratches on top is the only thing keeping me from saying mint condition. Comes with a Yamaha gig bag. Looking to trade for a P90 equipped SG with a big neck. Quick pic below, and can send more detailed pics tomorrow.

TRADED LOCALLY......THANKS FOR LOOKING

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  2. Layne Matz

Layne Matz Well-Known Member

Note: the black text is hard on my eyes and i have good eye sight. If someone like my brother tried to read that they would give up and move on. I mean this in the freindliest way possible.

Can i ask why you are looking to trade it?

3. nopicknick

nopicknick Member

Sorry......I copied and paisted it from the post I made over on The Gear Page. The Yamaha is a fine guitar, just have a desire to own a P90 SG.

4. nopicknick

nopicknick Member

The Yamaha RSP20CR is a "MIJ" Revstar that is in near mint condition. There are a couple of marks on the top just behind the bridge that are very minor. Absolutely zero fret wear, and is completely stock. Comes with a Yamaha gig bag. Exceptional guitar but could use another beautiful SG with P90's. Trade value on the Revstar $1100 to $1200.....thanks.

5. Stark Naked

Stark Naked Member

I learned a long time ago how some guitars retain their value or even increase in value as they age. A Gibson is always a good investment and SG's are really coming in to their own. P90's make them classics. Hope you can find the kind of deal your looking for. I think your making a good move.

6. cerebral gasket

cerebral gasket Well-Known Member

Sell the Yamaha.
    Find a used SG Classic.
    SG Classic = P-90 equipped SG with a big neck.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  7. AngelDeVille

AngelDeVille Well-Known Member

What are we talking about?

8. Stark Naked

Stark Naked Member

I've observed recently that in order to boost sales apparently, Fender has started mixing and matching various components of their established guitar models. Like the Off-set Telecaster, the Parallel Universe Stratocaster and the Jazzmaster-Telecaster. Personally I'm pleased Gibson hasn't made these desperate sacrifices yet. But then, Fender as far as i know hasn't made a "Set neck" guitar. Do these guitar mutations devalue the Fenders people have faithfully collected over the years? Any thoughts or opinions?? My appologies if this rant is under the wrong heading or misplaced. Some of you may see how previous entries may inspired these thoughts.

9. SG standard

SG standard Well-Known Member

As you've posted this in a thread where someone is trying to trade a Yamaha, and it's posted in 'Members Classified', I can see why you think you might've posted in the wrong place. :) I was expecting to read something about that Revstar... You may find you miss out on a lot of replies by hiding your post in this thread. Anyway...

Firstly, I don't consider anything Fender are doing a 'mutation', they are simply variations on guitar designs, and after so many decades of endless Strat/Tele/Etc. production, it's good to see something different. Even if you don't particularly like it. And it's not as though Fender have stopped making traditional models, and, indeed, 'new takes' on those models.

FWIW, I rather liked this Jazzmaster Firebird that Feline made for a client:
    [​IMG]

As for devaluing existing Fenders: How do you think that's going to happen?

The only way I can imagine it having any effect is if these new models were seen to be so much better, no one wanted to buy an old Fender anymore. As guitarists are mostly highly conservative in their tastes, I think that's pretty unlikely. I suspect the market for vintage and reliced Fenders is pretty safe from this particular threat.