Gear Fest Is Coming!

Discussion in 'Upcoming Events' started by Six String, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Sweetwater has announced their Gearfest 2015! It will be June 12th & 13th. If you have never heard of it... go to the Sweetwater.com site and search the Gearfest 2015 for more info.

I posted a pix tour here at ETSG of Gearfest from a few years ago and it has done nothing but improve! hey will have special sales going on both days and give-aways like you've never seen. (Like the Shure 57's for $57.00 and Shure 58's for $58.00) New, Demo sale, a flea-market, name people doing all sorts of things. I'm hoping Aljon Go from Gibson will be there again this year along with the Gibson tour bus.............

I suggest that if there is anyway you can make it... at least try. Who knows, maybe we can have an ETSG contingency.................!?! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

2. Six String

Guess it goes back a little more then I remember.........

3. Six String

OK... I warned you. Sweetwater Gear Fest starts tomorrow thru Saturday. If you are even close to Fort Wayne IN you need to stop in. Guaranteed a big time must! See you there........ :thumb:

4. eS.G.

eS.G. Well-Known Member

I am not near...........perhaps pics and a "run down" from a member who is would be really .......cool?:naughty::cool:

5. Six String

First let me apologize for not being able to take pix of the fantastic event. I realize "it didn't happen without pix..." but go to their site and they did a much better job then I could have anyway. http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gearfest-15-photos/

I had signed up for both days but was only able to attend Friday. Coming in the front door, I noticed they have Chuck Surack's (owner http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gearfest-15-photos-2/) 60's VW Bus he started his recording company with. Very cool!

To start with, let me say that the new Sweetwater Store (in house sales store http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gearfest-15-photos-6/ ) is at least double and provably triple the size of the old store. It not only has the old electric guitar room and the acoustic room, but they have added a new bass room. In these rooms, you can pick up whatever you may be interested in and try it out. The Lighting/ Live Room is also new. I really think that this store is at a point that if they don't have it... you don't need it.

The first thing you come to (after their pro studio area and auditorium http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/gearfest-15-photos-3/) is the Deal Zone corner. ALL kinds on deals on selected stuff and seriously crazy prices. I don't need any mics, but how do you pass up Sure 57's for $57.00? Or Sure 58's for $58.00? I can't. (got two) Did need some instrument cables so I got 8 for about 10 bucks a cable. I get them about every year and they are great!

After spending time getting the deals we moved on to more of the Fest. Stopped by the Gibson tent and saw my good friend Aljon Go. Pic is from a couple or so years ago in the Gibby Tour bus...

[​IMG]

... but it was good to see him. Almost came home with a new 2015 "Les Paul 100" SG Standard with a "G-force" tuning system on it, that was marked down to about 1.6K (half off) and had it had a Maestro (like my 65) on it, it would have been NGD. It would make for a good pair of Gibson's, 50 years apart. I suggested they consider it and he said it was a good idea an pass it on to Nashville. (Even if he doesn't, it's cool) If there was any disappointment, it would be because there were no SG's in the Gibson Guitar Trailer... but I pointed that error out . (lol)

From there, we moved on out to the back parking area with the 14 circus sized tents filled with about everything you can think of. I can't say it was everybody in the musical equipment field, but if not, it was close. Slowly we went thru most of them looking and learning and picked up a couple of 25' speaker cables that I needed for an upcoming show... Stopped and picked up something eat and drink at one of the several food/ drink venders that were there outside. (Sweetwater has their own cafeteria AND put in their own "coffee house") Moved on to other tents one of which had the Gator Case display and I heard they had some rack cases they had made but made them in red. They didn't sell, so they had them on sale for $50. (My bass player picked one up for his other band...) Crazy deals going on all over the place.

The one tent I enjoy most I think is going thru the Flea Market tent. Used & New stuff on sale. A vender I met last year remembered a pedal I bought from him last year. Very cool! Asked if he had an "A/B" pedal and sure enough did. An older Rapco AB-100 in the original box even. Had $40 on it and asked if he could do better and he took 5 off... Will do what I need and was less then others I've priced. Cool. They had an 84 SG Standard in rough shape for 1.6K which I felt was a bit high...

I did get the one thing I really went for......... A Chauvet Swarm 5FX! Awesome effect for your local gigs. They had a great Gear Fest reduced price on it!

So getting there a little before 9 and staying till about 5... I got what I needed and some stuff I really don't but all was very cool. I guess the only decision I need to make is whether I should go for a new "coffee house rig"..................

[​IMG]

Check out the pix on the Sweetwater site! :thumb:

alexander paul likes this.
  6. alexander paul

alexander paul Well-Known Member

i heard you in pennsylvania!

Six String likes this.