Gibson delivery delays?

Hector

Reaction score
NICE MOVE, I ordered/bought an IN-STOCK Gibson USA Line 2021 Flying V recently and once the payment cleared, GIBSON USA got me the guitar in 2 days (so 3 days total)..... .... and this being about 1/3rd of the way across the USA at the time from Nashville, TN.... and that was all w/No Tax/Free Shipping.....IDK about back orders or shipping to the EU and other places outside the USA but GIBSON USA got me my IN-STOCK Exclusive Flying V , the White '70 Tribute one, very quickly..... IIDSSM , GIBSON USA pretty ROCKIN' for that, they are....Guitar arrived in perfect condition too.

I'm happy for you. But Gibson Europe does not ship to my country, so I have to buy it through a local shop who buys it through the importer, or I can get it from outside of my country and pay customs duties.. And if there is something wrong with the guitar, returning it across the border is a right pain in the arse. So yeah, I prefer to wait.

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
NICE MOVE, I ordered/bought an IN-STOCK Gibson USA Line 2021 Flying V recently and once the payment cleared, GIBSON USA got me the guitar in 2 days (so 3 days total)..... .... and this being about 1/3rd of the way across the USA at the time from Nashville, TN.... and that was all w/No Tax/Free Shipping.....IDK about back orders or shipping to the EU and other places outside the USA but GIBSON USA got me my IN-STOCK Exclusive Flying V , the White '70 Tribute one, very quickly..... IIDSSM , GIBSON USA pretty ROCKIN' for that, they are....Guitar arrived in perfect condition too.
I think you attached the wrong photo there, D. Not that a 2018 Firebird isn't a cool guitar too. I've been peripherally fascinated with the 2018 Firebird Studio with the P90s, but not enough to pull the trigger.

MR D

Reaction score
I think you attached the wrong photo there, D. Not that a 2018 Firebird isn't a cool guitar too. I've been peripherally fascinated with the 2018 Firebird Studio with the P90s, but not enough to pull the trigger.
OH WOW, did it AGAIN ! OOPS, MY BAD ! I thought Vaping the Oil would improve my cognitive disabilities....Bwah Ha Ha !!!

BTW, I saw an '18 Studio right next to 'Blackie' when I bought her and I would have sworn it had Humbuckers....HHHMMMM...oh wait, VAPING AGAIN ! N E Way, the '18 Studio's IF (Big IF too!) IRC are imposters and not 'REAL' Firebirds as they are not 'Neck-Thru-Body' Guitars...Beware !...I wanted to put a P-90 in 'Blackie' ALA Alan Collins but GIBSON informs me a P-90 will not fit and the guitars pickup mountings make it so I cant rout 'Blackie' to put H-Buckers in her.....so 'Blackie' is goin on the auction block..too bad too, that guitar is Half Stratocaster and almost half SG. but just doesnt quite have the low end I appreciate.

Cheers Dude !

Last edited:

papagayo

Reaction score
If you order in France or in Germany how much taxe do you pay ?

Hector

Reaction score
VAT in France is 20%, in Germany 19%.

When it is shipped to me, the VAT is removed, however the local VAT plus import duties end up being more than the VAT in Germany. So you can't win, and are more likely to have problems if you don't like the guitar as the import duties are not refundable should you return the guitar. It's all designed so you buy in-country.

An Abiding Dude

Reaction score
OH WOW, did it AGAIN ! OOPS, MY BAD ! I thought Vaping the Oil would improve my cognitive disabilities....Bwah Ha Ha !!!

BTW, I saw an '18 Studio right next to 'Blackie' when I bought her and I would have sworn it had Humbuckers....HHHMMMM...oh wait, VAPING AGAIN ! N E Way, the '18 Studio's IF (Big IF too!) IRC are imposters and not 'REAL' Firebirds as they are not 'Neck-Thru-Body' Guitars...Beware !...I wanted to put a P-90 in 'Blackie' ALA Alan Collins but GIBSON informs me a P-90 will not fit and the guitars pickup mountings make it so I cant rout 'Blackie' to put H-Buckers in her.....so 'Blackie' is goin on the auction block..too bad too, that guitar is Half Stratocaster and almost half SG. but just doesnt quite have the low end I appreciate.

Cheers Dude !

When it is shipped to me, the VAT is removed, however the local VAT plus import duties end up being more than the VAT in Germany. So you can't win, and are more likely to have problems if you don't like the guitar as the import duties are not refundable should you return the guitar. It's all designed so you buy in-country.
Ah, tariffs...

MR D

Reaction score

OUCH, THAT BLOWS ! Players in the EU that are GIBSON players got it bad, DANG ! Geez, the Guitars are expensive enough here in USA...FFS !

Latest posts