GIbson Melody Maker SG or Epiphone SG G-400

Jonny Rocker

Reaction score
What I don't like about the latest MM line is how the body is reduced in size. I would much rather play an Epiphone for that reason alone.

Tenafly Viper

Reaction score
I dunno about that..Don't get me wrong. They're GREAT guitars and I LOVE mine, but I doubt that it will ever sound quite as good or the same as any other SG. These new melody makers are maple bodies, whereas the Standard ans Special SGs are made of mahogany and other woods. Tonally, they'll never sound the same. Sure these MM's can sound amazing, but it will NEVER sound quite the same. :dude:
Not the same, but good. I like Maple bodies. They're underrated.

Col Mustard

Reaction score
I think the MM looks great with a covered p'up. seems like you are on the right track. good luck, and may this guitar inspire your playing. i think what's important is to develop your own style... to sound like yourself. you can certainly do that on a MM, or any other good guitar. yours is now unique and something to be proud of.

saxosim

Reaction score
Hiya Ravana congratulations that looks great especially with your new pickup cover fitted it finishes it really well. :)

Col Mustard - the black covers would look really nice on your faded especially with the walnut pickguard, look forward to seeing that mod. Did you see my new mod btw, what did you think? :)