Gibson SG Government Series

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Krosis, Mar 18, 2013.

1. oldrockfan

oldrockfan Well-Known Member

in light of how some recent threads have gone... I'll just make one reminder to not let threads go politicial and if it continues, I will just lock it down so we can avoid a repeat of the last errant thread. Oh and i still haven't seen a single gov model and I've looked in three different guitar stores.

Biddlin likes this.
  2. Col Mustard

Col Mustard Well-Known Member

I will comply... I do support the idea of a politics free zone gathered around the Gibson SG.
    So if my posts have seemed overly political or offensive to anyone, that was not my intention. I posted those two songs because I like both of them... just mention the Government and I suppose it pushes my buttons.

but I have no argument with ORF (or with anyone) on this, and will attempt to refrain from pushing anyone else's buttons. We haven't heard from the OP very much on this thread, maybe Krosis just got bored with it all. Ain't that the truth.

and especially in the light of what happened in Boston today, let's keep any opinions and rhetoric to a minimum.
    take down anything I've posted that adds any fuel to any fire, please. If I had a delete button on my posts, I
    would hit it. let's keep ETSG as a brotherhood of musicians and guitar fanciers. I'll start right here, right now.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  3. stdio

stdio Member

I will comply also. However, in light of the horrible, tragic events that happened in Boston today, I doubt there will be any need to. It is a different world.

(As food for thought though, one might wonder whether Gandhi would end up in a "locked down thread" of some kind, on some website, nowadays.)

Col Mustard likes this.
  4. Krosis

Krosis Well-Known Member

One of my local GCs still has a Government Les Paul. Looks like there's a couple small dings it in though from people messing with it in the showroom. I believe it's still regular price and not jacked up. If I was so inclined to buy it, I'd even try to bargain with them on the price due to the condition. It would probably work, they're pretty good at this GC.

So if anyone wants still wants one of these at a fair, not inflated price, check out the Rt 17 Paramus NJ Guitar Center.

Col Mustard likes this.