Gibson SG Hard Case

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by Simplypaul, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Simplypaul

Simplypaul New Member

Hi there any of you good folk out there got a spare fitted Gibson SG hard case from late 60's black exterior and red lined for sale for sensible money. If so please get in touch see if we can strike a deal. Many thanks all.

2. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Simply.

I sadly let mine go with my 1979 LP STD for stupidly low money back in 1991.
    It was for an LP and not an SG though. It had the purple felt not red. My 1976 SG case has the red lined fur.

3. skelt101

skelt101 Active Member

4. Simplypaul

Simplypaul New Member

Hi Many thanks for your message do you want to sell your red lined SG case?

5. Simplypaul

Simplypaul New Member

6. chilipeppermaniac

chilipeppermaniac Well-Known Member

Hi Paul, Actually, nope, part of the value of my SG being from 1976 is also having the OEM case it came in. Good luck finding one for your guitar.

7. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Hi, and welcome to the circus. I cannot locate such a case at the moment, but I found one for a client a couple of years ago on reverb. In just serviceable condition, below very good condition, but all original I paid $375. The lining was very worn and faded and latches were oxidised. If I was going to spend that kind of dough for protection, I'd get a top-end model from TKL or SKB.

8. Simplypaul

Simplypaul New Member

Big shame :lol:, many thanks for your message.

9. Simplypaul

Simplypaul New Member

Cheers for your advice but not what I'm after, I've looked at these cases and your right there really good and probably do a better job of protecting my guitar than an original one.
    There is a however!!! The guitar in question that I'm after the case for belonged to a good friend of mine and I promised him I would restore it to its original condition that was one of the caveats of me getting the guitar and the other was not to sell it until it was restored and I was desperate for money as I got the guitar for next to nothing. I've got most of the original parts I need now for the guitar apart from a sliding pick up selector switch and a case this has taken me a 2 years to get to this stage. You think its hard trying to find a hard case the original case should be one of those cardboard ones:lol: so my thinking was I'd upgrade it to a period correct hard case thinking that would be easier:hmm:.

10. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

Correct. (I think they called it "pasteboard" back in the day.) I saw a liner for one (three pieces)on Ebay recently, don't recall the price.
    Good luck and when you're done I've got a pesky windmill you can come vanquish!:naughty:

11. Bubbalou88

Bubbalou88 Member

12. Simplypaul

Simplypaul New Member