Gibson sg standard streamlined colors question

heberling3

Reaction score
I'm new here. Anyway, what's up with the lack of Pelham blue, Alpine white, Cherry fade, or Autumn fade? I'm in the market for a second SG and I currently have a 2012 standard cherry sg.
Any word on wha the plan is in the future? Any rumors?

SG standard

Reaction score
I've heard that 2021 will see a lot more choice in SG colours, which are a bit limited now, with just one cherry option on some models - or if you're lucky a choice between cherry and black. From what I heard on the internet (so it might be 'fake'!) Gibson have been shortlisting new colours and are aiming for about 6 on the SG Standards (not sure about other models). Supposedly the current favourites are: Heritage Cherry, Classic Cherry, Vintage Cherry, Cherry burst, Faded Cherry and Worn Cherry.

Fingers crossed, it'll be great to finally have some choice.

cerebral gasket

Reaction score
IMG_9430_0d1803de-d4a8-446f-bf55-9155234107bd.jpg

arcticsg

Reaction score
I've heard that 2021 will see a lot more choice in SG colours, which are a bit limited now, with just one cherry option on some models - or if you're lucky a choice between cherry and black. From what I heard on the internet (so it might be 'fake'!) Gibson have been shortlisting new colours and are aiming for about 6 on the SG Standards (not sure about other models). Supposedly the current favourites are: Heritage Cherry, Classic Cherry, Vintage Cherry, Cherry burst, Faded Cherry and Worn Cherry.

Yep, new color line up for 2021 is: :D

redsgs4.jpg

heberling3

Reaction score

I laughed, but first I was a bit perplexed. I am comfortable enough with myself to admit that.

Latest posts