Good Day All.

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Prince Albert H.R.H., Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgtbeefheart

sgtbeefheart Well-Known Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=13205.msg171606#msg171606 date=1176599092]
    I did a little detective work.........THEY are Brits.
    [/quote]

Can you mods see member's ip addresses?

If you can, I suspect these new "Brits" have the same one.

2. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

We can see IP Addresses and I hate to be the one to spoil things..................

They each have a totally different IP Address. :D

3. Strange Brew

Strange Brew Well-Known Member

4. Wags

Wags New Member

Okay........Welcome to ALL our new friends from across the huge pond!!!

Just got another new one.....Lex, what are you doing over there???
    Are you and Brew dancing in the streets or something?? :)

5. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

I really don't know Waggles. I know that there was a planned publishing of Websites in one of the Guitar Mags over here, I flooded em with ETSG stuff, but I thought that wasnt due out for another month or so?
    Who knows though? The Wacky World of Publishing is a Law Unto Itself.

Other than that............Lord Knows!

Pip Pip
    Lexie :)

6. Prince Albert H.R.H.

Prince Albert H.R.H. New Member

One has indeed been touched by the kind responses from One's Subjects, not forgetting One's more Far Flung Subjects in The Americas and Beyond.
    One is enormously cheered to see that One's old Mentor has become a useful member of this society, One always knew that he should go far! T'is perhaps unfortunate that many of you will not have had the opportunity bestowed upon you allowing you to see the strangely Magnificent artistic work of which he was capable. But One has spent many a happy hour in The Galleries entranced by his vivid and "otherworldly" works.

So One's loyal friend Walter, One so hopes that the years have treated you accordingly? Are you still exhibiting regularly? One well recalls the ensuing kafuffle when the Wretched Chief Constable Sir Melville Macnaghtan misunderstood the phrase Exhibit. But One always cautioned against eavesdropping the conversations of One's Betters, as you very well may recall? By the by, One was saddened to hear of the unfortunate demise of Montague John Druitt. One is given to understand that he took his own life? A Sad Day Sir, A Very Sad Day.

One was equally touched by the charming entreaties bestowed by the personage known as Neo. One is immensely pleased that you have achieved so much in your short life. One's Mother, Her Royal Highness, often remarked that "Left to their own devices the serfs will achieve their own levels of order in The New World" and seemingly you have Sir. A splendid achievement upon which One feels obliged to offer congratulation. Your level of mediocrity is an example to us all I am sure.

One was also delighted, if not indeed honoured to see that The Armed Forces are also well represented. One shall arrange with One's Secretary to make a Diary Note to attend "The Major's" Club at the earliest opportunity. It sounds simply charming. One so enjoys reminiscing about the Campaigns of Yesteryear. One also notes the presence of the admirable Sergeant Beefheart. One wonders whether this is indeed the same Sergeant Beefheart who led his men in that marvellous attack on The Governor's Residence in St Charles ? If it is you Sir, One's appreciation knows no bounds. I believe it was The Blues and Royals based from Gloucestershire?

Much as One would enjoy tarrying here longer, One has Duties to perform within The Royal Household, so One must beg One's leave .

H.R.H.

Oh, in addition, BBQ? sounds most entertaining, please extrapolate.

7. Wags

Wags New Member

Don't go bragging about Neo...it'll go to his head!!  Whilst he is very handsome, tall, charming, and witty........we shall leave it at that.  His head will swell !!

As for BBQ......it is chopped pork.  Usually cooked over hickory wood.
    Served with french fries, hush puppies and slaw...........YUM, YUM!
    And you gotta wash it down with an ice cold Cheerwine!!!
    Now I really have you confused don't I??     :D

And FYI....Cheerwine is a softdrink, cola, soda, pop.....with no wine in it! ;)

8. javamagic

javamagic Well-Known Member

Hush puppies? First time I've heard of footwear being served as an accompaniment to food.

9. Wags

Wags New Member

[quote author=javamagic link=topic=13205.msg171765#msg171765 date=1176661497]
    Hush puppies? First time I've heard of footwear being served as an accompaniment to food.
    [/quote]

ya don't wear 'em silly......ya eat 'em !!! And man are they delicious!!

10. scnuke

scnuke Member

[quote author=Wags link=topic=13205.msg171767#msg171767 date=1176661622]

ya don't wear 'em silly......ya eat 'em !!! And man are they delicious!!
    [/quote]
    Hush Puppies:
    "a dish made of fried cornmeal batter. The term is said to have originated at a southern fish fry where the cooks fried extra bits of fish batter to throw to the noisy dogs to hush the puppies."

Now that's what I had for supper Friday night - pulled pork, Carolina style piled high on a warm bun with a big scoop of cole slaw on top of the pork, with spicy sweet mustard sauce poured over the top. Served with collard greens, pepper vinegar, cheese grits, hush puppies, and I needed 3 Cheerwine's to wash it all down with!

Perhaps our friends from across the pond would benefit from a visit to scnuke plantation for a Sunday afternoon of fire, smoke, BBQ, music, libations, and an introduction to "Southern Living" :)

11. LeftyEpiSG420

LeftyEpiSG420 Member

:uglystupid2: :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

12. Wags

Wags New Member

Hey Lefty.........what's the deal? He's telling the truth!!
    It's some fine good eating I'll tell ya that!!
    And ya gotta wash it down with Cheerwine!!! ;)

13. javamagic

javamagic Well-Known Member

"Hush Puppies" - the brand name of a type of suede footwear available in the UK.

Quite obviously it is true that Britain and the USA are two nations divided by a common language. So for all you xenophobes in the States who think that you are the one supreme authority in all things perhaps you could do with getting out of your own country (as only a minority of your countrymen do!) and seeing what the rest of the world has to offer. And if you wish ETSG to be a solely American site then that can easily be arranged.

14. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

[quote author=javamagic link=topic=13205.msg171814#msg171814 date=1176674848]
    "Hush Puppies" - the brand name of a type of suede footwear available in the UK.

[/quote]

Here in Canada as well.

15. Wags

Wags New Member

[quote author=javamagic link=topic=13205.msg171814#msg171814 date=1176674848]

Quite obviously it is true that Britain and the USA are two nations divided by a common language. So for all you xenophobes in the States who think that you are the one supreme authority in all things perhaps you could do with getting out of your own country (as only a minority of your countrymen do!) and seeing what the rest of the world has to offer. And if you wish ETSG to be a solely American site then that can easily be arranged.
    [/quote]

Calm down Java..........no one is saying anything about another country!!! Far from it!
    We were talking about a meal...which includes hushpuppies......we also have those same shoes here in the US.

Geez....no one is asking any country to leave the forum.....we are just perhaps having a difficult time with some of the language......no biggie!!

16. scnuke

scnuke Member

Xenophobe??? Wow - that's a pretty strong reaction for such a superficial subject. Lighten up there boys - you obviously have much less world-wide knowledge than you think. Hush Puppy shoes are as deeply embedded in American culture as the hot out of the grease type, but you obviously do not know the origins of them either. Wags and I were only sharing a piece of Americana with the group, not proclaiming superiority in culinary delights, (although I'll take BBQ over Bubble & Squeak anytime) And as far as wanting ESTG to be a solely American site, that is preposterous. The international flavor of the board is something that would never have been possible 20 years ago, and it gives all of us a unique insight to other points of view and culture, all tied together with an interest in a common subject. But we can do without your own ethnocentric views, and not-so-subtle hints of an "Ugly American" agenda.
    "Now, can't we all just get along?" :)

Hush Puppies
    An American Legend

In 1958 Hush Puppies created the world’s first casual shoe, signaling the beginning of today‘s relaxed style.
    Since the beginning, the beloved basset hound has embodied the easygoing nature that is Hush Puppies. Introduced during a time of new freedoms and changing lifestyles, our brand name and mascot quickly became symbolic of the emerging optimism of mid-century America.

Hush Puppies is headquartered in Rockford, Michigan.

17. doveman

doveman Member

Blimey ... this thread has it all ... BBQ, all forms of hush puppies, xenophobes ... except one thing ...

I like the Classic SG more than the Standard and Special ... I want a P90 version guitar to round out the pack. What do you guys think? :)

18. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

[quote author=Lex Lurid link=topic=13205.msg171687#msg171687 date=1176631838]
    We can see IP Addresses and I hate to be the one to spoil things..................
    They each have a totally different IP Address. :D
    [/quote]

I too can see IP addy's and yes they are all different AND all of them come from across the pond ;)

19. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

Java has touched on a subject dear to me.

I enjoy the fact there are so many folks from all over the world.
    Brewski, Lexie, Zep, Shaulin, BatwingSG, Vinz, Crippe, Yori,
    NZpunk, Bonfire, Java, etc...make this place GREAT!

The more international, the better!

20. SG Lou

SG Lou Moderator Staff Member

[quote author=vic108 link=topic=13205.msg171869#msg171869 date=1176681876]

Java has touched on a subject dear to me.

I enjoy the fact there are so many folks from all over the world.
    Brewski, Lexie, Zep, Shaulin, BatwingSG, Vinz, Crippe, Yori,
    NZpunk, Bonfire, Java, etc...make this place GREAT!

The more international, the better!
    [/quote]

Couldn't agree with you more Vic O0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.