Good Day All.

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Prince Albert H.R.H., Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scnuke

scnuke Member

[quote author=doveman link=topic=13205.msg171849#msg171849 date=1176678870]
    Blimey ... this thread has it all ... BBQ, all forms of hush puppies, xenophobes ... except one thing ...

I like the Classic SG more than the Standard and Special ... I want a P90 version guitar to round out the pack. What do you guys think? :)
    [/quote]

SG Jr. O0

2. doveman

doveman Member

[quote author=scnuke link=topic=13205.msg171929#msg171929 date=1176690677]

SG Jr.  O0

[/quote]

I like those dual pickup P90s though ... just the look of it. :)

3. scnuke

scnuke Member

[quote author=doveman link=topic=13205.msg171936#msg171936 date=1176693572]

I like those dual pickup P90s though ... just the look of it. :)
    [/quote]

Well, I don't have a dual model just yet, but I do have one of these :D
    [​IMG]

4. doveman

doveman Member

Nice ... I use to have two Gibson gold tops ... one was a deluxe and the other a standard. I always liked those gold tops. Thought about a deluxe gold top again recently.

I apologize ... looks like we unintentionally hijacked this thread to talk about guitars ... my bad.

Where were we ... oh yeah ... xenophobe ... please continue :)

5. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

I like pie. :)

6. scnuke

scnuke Member

[quote author=doveman link=topic=13205.msg171939#msg171939 date=1176694208]
    Nice ... I use to have two Gibson gold tops ... one was a deluxe and the other a standard. I always liked those gold tops. Thought about a deluxe gold top again recently.

I apologize ... looks like we unintentionally hijacked this thread to talk about guitars ... my bad.

Where were we ... oh yeah ... xenophobe ... please continue
    [/quote]

Please, call me Xeno. :) Actually this has gotten so far off, I can only say Welcome, His Royal Highness. You certainly have shaken the place up a bit.

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=13205.msg171940#msg171940 date=1176694851]
    I like pie. :)[/quote]

Oh - that reminds me - I have a nice French Silk waiting for me in the kitchen :Droolin: Bye Now

7. doveman

doveman Member

[quote author=scnuke link=topic=13205.msg171942#msg171942 date=1176695231]
    Oh - that reminds me - I have a nice French Silk waiting for me in the kitchen  :Droolin:  Bye Now [/quote]

For me cheese cake ...
    ;)

8. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

[quote author=vic108 link=topic=13205.msg171869#msg171869 date=1176681876]
    I enjoy the fact there are so many folks from all over the world.
    Brewski, Lexie, Zep, Shaulin, BatwingSG, Vinz, Crippe, Yori,
    NZpunk, Bonfire, Java, etc...make this place GREAT!

The more international, the better!
    [/quote]

I'm bilingual.
    I speak Engish and Redneck fluently, rarely does a subtle nuance escape my keen powers of observation and the rapier wit is always at the ready. O0

HRH, I spent almost a month in the UK, March of 2000.
    Mostly Scotland.
    I had humbling experiences, in rapid succession, trying to decipher whatever the hell those Scots were saying. I know we all speak English, but My God!!! :?

I made every attempt to avoid playing the Ugly American, did pretty well overall.
    Would go back in a heartbeat . . .  .

:angel:
    Neo

9. Wags

Wags New Member

[quote author=doveman link=topic=13205.msg171939#msg171939 date=1176694208]

[/quote]

Don't go hijacking my thread there Doveman!! :roughup:

10. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

YOUR THREAD?? So YOU are H.R.H. Well there you go. :coolsmiley:

Mistery Solved!

Pip Pip
    Lexie

11. doveman

doveman Member

Now Lex ... that's funny!

[quote author=NeoConMan link=topic=13205.msg171951#msg171951 date=1176697498]
    ... I spent almost a month in the UK, March of 2000. Mostly Scotland. I had humbling experiences, in rapid succession, trying to decipher whatever the hell those Scots were saying. I know we all speak English, but My God!!! :? I made every attempt to avoid playing the Ugly American, did pretty well overall. Would go back in a heartbeat . . .  . :angel:Neo [/quote]

Me too ... working with a facility in England ... then spent a week near/in London ... then they spent a week in South Carolina. Same deal ... what'd he say? When I would go to the pubs, the people there just asked me to say something else ... they were taken back by my thick southern accent. What'd he say? I enjoyed this whole experience tremendously ... some of my dearest friends.

Same thing with a group in Czech Republic ... an entire society based on/around pivo!

Also: One of my best friends is from Wales ... I can still only get about 75% of what they are saying (his family lives in the states now). But I'm richer for the experience.

12. guitarweasel

13. guitarweasel

14. Prince Albert H.R.H.

Prince Albert H.R.H. New Member

One is rather confused at this point. One had thought this was about One's introduction. Whilst One finds some of this entertaining, One also finds it rather rude.

One does thank the personage called guitarweasel (?) for his attempt at hedging the subject matter back to perspective.

H.R.H.

15. Walter Sickert

Walter Sickert New Member

Where You LEAST Expect To Make My Aquaintence
    Ello Mates....and of corse Yer Ighness

I wos buzy doin stuff wiv Jed an missed wot as been a goin on like.
    I dunno nuffin and wots a vermin doin ere? My old Boy dun sum Rat Catchin an the like years back I fink Eed better cum an give us an and eh?

Thems dun no thems got Royalty ere do them!! Put em in the Tower or takes a strool dahn Tyburn and "ang abaht a bit" like! Thems sayin vat neck stretchin is good fer yer nowdays. Odd innit? Wez dun fink it woz good fer yer like not after old Albie Peirrepoint got is mits on yer

Walter

16. Wags

Wags New Member

Hey HRH....don't take offense! Threads get hijacked around here almost on a daily basis! Just get use to it and you'll be fine!

:D As for Walter.....I have NO clue what he just said. :-\

17. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

A Rough Translation "I Think"..... :-\

I was busy doing stuff with Jed and missed what has been happening here.
    I don't know anything, but why is there a Rodent (Vermin) here?

My Old Father did some Rat Catching and Pest Control years ago, I think he should come and give us a hand?

They do not appear to realise that they are in the presence of Royalty do they?
    Put them in The Tower of London or take them for a stroll down to Tyburn and hang around a bit. (Here Walter is alluding to the infamous Tyburn Gallows and has actually said something very funny......I Think?)

They say that Neck Stretching is good for you nowadays? (I think Walter means Chiropractically speaking, but it was the term used for Hanging back then)

Odd isn't it? We didn't think that it was good for us when Albert Peirrepoint turned his attentions to YOU! (A. Peirrepoint being the Last Government Employed Hangman)

That's basically it, though who really knows?

18. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

[quote author=Prince Albert H.R.H. link=topic=13205.msg171996#msg171996 date=1176723613]
    One is rather confused at this point.  One had thought this was about One's introduction.  [/quote]

Sorry, HRH.
    An attempt to integrate personal knowledge, legitimately drawn from personal experience, into conversation with a new acquaintance.

My good man Lex may choose to put in a word for me.
    No disrespect intended, hopefully none imposed. :roll:

I will restrict access to my computer here in the NeoConMan Desert Compound.
    I have a cousin contractor coming in occasionally to work in the armory and motor pool, and I find he has accessed this forum while I was tending to other affairs. I apologize.
    I won't speak here of some of the other sites he's visited. If the Feds come out again, I hope it's the same two agents as last Spring. Nice guys, repectful and understanding.

Amazing fellow - after all those years of moonshining and shooting without earplugs, he's deaf as a post, a little numb in the skull, and was never articulate. Still, he can work mechanical wonders of all sorts on the "equipment" here. Just this morning I realized he's computer savvy as well. I'll keep an eye on him. Hard to get good help with a security clearance...

:-)
    Neo

19. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Double post. Sorry!
    I hit quote instead of modify. DOH!!!
    I confess, the Feds make me a little uneasy, the wife much more so.

BACK TO THE WELCOME FOR OUR ESTEEMED GUEST!!!

Would it be rude to ask of pictures of your gear?
    I'm sure you have an SG or two of the finest sort.

Respectfully,
    Neo

20. javamagic

javamagic Well-Known Member

Isn't it amazing how a throwaway quip attracts accusations of idiocy from people who then go on to complain about the impenetrable arcane patois of East London. As I said, if you're so unhappy with the international flavour of the forum either restrict it to US members only or leave it to those who wish to participate on a global level. Just because the rest of the world doesn't insist on using Americanisms all the time (despite the persistant and pervasive intrusion of Big Mac and Coca-Cola culture on the rest of us) does not mean that their opinions and beliefs (and humour) can be dismissed as irrelevant.

BTW, I'm not offended by the failure to grasp my attempt at humour but I am offended by the accusations of idiocy! >:(

Carry on Your Highness, Walter and Ripper. When you've run your course perhaps I'll contribute some gems of Irish slang for the benefit of these langers. ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.