Good Day All.

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Prince Albert H.R.H., Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

Java M'Dear Chap, Please feel free to add Irish witisms.....I myself come from Irish Stock, Mother's side of the Family are Doheartys and came from The North and South.

I love the country dearly and have had many visits enjoying perhaps the kindest hospitality amongst some of the VERY Best People I have been honoured to meet.

Join the fun, lets show The World at large that we too have something to offer....Other Than Guinness, Murphy's, Jamieson's.....Oh and HOW can I forget "Peterson" Pipes!! :Droolin:

Pip Pip
    Lexie :)

2. vic108

vic108 Well-Known Member

Indeed, Java!
    Have a good crack at it.

And PLEASE don't hold back on enlightening us to all things Irish!

A dear old friend of mine is from Ireland and his family is the greatest!
    They kinda adopted me over the years........

3. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

I can't see this thread going anywhere productive. The last thing we need is a cultural war here.

4. Wags

Wags New Member

[quote author=Tom link=topic=13205.msg172224#msg172224 date=1176812318]
    I can't see this thread going anywhere productive.  The last thing we need is a cultural war here.
    [/quote]

No cultural war at all..........just a slight cultural misunderstanding!!  
    All is well.......carry on everyone!

(Besides, we're having fun..... if thats allowed!!   ;)  )

[size=12pt][ Moderator's Note : Fun is fine until it's interpreted the wrong way. ][/size]

[size=12pt]No Moderator's Note is needed here! I said or did nothing wrong![/size]

5. nelsonM

nelsonM Member

I'm pretty new to this forum, but I'll also extend a (virtual) hand of welcoming to Prince Albert H.R.H. :)
    Because it seemed to be the fashion of the first few pages of the thread, I will attempt to do so whilst applying my local accent to the text.

'ey there highness! good t' meet cha. 'Names Nelson! I ain't from over th' pond but 'm still a subject of 'er Majesty eh! m' just an 'oser from west Canada. I see ther's lotsa Englishfolk aroun' 'ere. Cool beans. Th'accents may be a bit tough, but 'm sure Il get used to it eh? :)

I was going to aim for a Newfie accent, but my brain threatened to go on strike! ;)

6. Walter Sickert

Walter Sickert New Member

Where You LEAST Expect To Make My Aquaintence
    Ello Mates,

Ullo nelsonM me Old Muckah, Ow's ya bin a doin' of ven? Good ta sees a Bloke wot nos is Apples and Pairs Innit? Is well pleesed an that!

So wears ya from like? Me learnin' wos a bit short like so I neds sum elp with worls stuf.

Me mate Jed's mum as a dod wot she sez are a Newfy...Big old job it are to. Got them webbed toes like wot she sez makes em good swimers.

Am I write?

Walter

[size=30pt]Mod's Note, Walter you are on Thin Ice.[/size]

7. nelsonM

nelsonM Member

I'm actually from western Canada. British Columbia in fact. I've got a bit of Newfie heritage from my Fathers side. No webbed toes though. I do have a bit of a propensity for Screech though! You should give it a try if you find yourself having access to it... better yet, If you ever meet this Newfie Fellow you mentioned. Ask him about getting "Screeched In" :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.