Great New amp kits!!

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs' started by acdcrocker, Jul 20, 2006.

1. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

I wanna hear about them dumble amp kits from pakistan!! ;D

2. the bacon

the bacon Member

[quote author=1Way link=topic=9492.msg128322#msg128322 date=1155773652]
    Thank ya, well, thanks goes to CeriaTone that is, happy to spread the news! BTW, I think I'm about to join you in the EPI Jr. modding business. Are you still going that rout?
    [/quote]

yep! once i get used to it ill mod it alittle bit.

3. SG dan

SG dan Active Member

do you have a vj now?

4. 1Way

1Way Active Member

[quote author=Voxman link=topic=9492.msg128327#msg128327 date=1155775264]
    Sorry ... but ... You know less than nothing about Trainwreck ... from what I read!
    [/quote]
    If you're talking to me, there's no need to be sorry about my supposed TrainWreck knowledge, I suppose you read me right. But what I mentioned about it not having much clean headroom came from the amp maker. Maybe it was a fine point he just wanted to make clear up front that he wished it had a bit more clean head room, I don't know. Do you think I got his wording wrong?

Skids, I've heard good reports about the 18watt builds from the 18watt forum, and from respected sources, but that's going back several years now as I haven't spent much time there for a year or more. I can't recall that I heard much about any other amp models he sells, but if they are as good as the 18watt'ers, they might be a good deal as well.

Remember, it appears we are talking about economy clones here, and clones that are said to be well made from amp builders. I'm not suggesting that these are more than entry level amp deals, but they seem worth considering via the acceptance of the 18watt models at what I percieve to be a rather decent bunch of guys at the 18watt forum. Again, I'm not a builder and I haven't watched this closely in over a year or so, it's just info that I have to offer and if anyone knows better, please let me know. 

5. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

tell me about them dumbles 1wany.

6. 1Way

1Way Active Member

[quote author=guitarweasel link=topic=9492.msg126718#msg126718 date=1154990082]
    And.......always keep one hand in your pocket. ;)
    [/quote]

Some might not have noticed it, no response that I noticed, but I believe your mentioning a high voltage safety rule. Am I right Weasel? I believe this is common among industrial and power line workers for example. But I've heard it's not just either arm to your pocket (and/or along your side), better to put the correct one in pocket... My guess is left arm in pocket or along your side. But don't hold me to that.

Skids, Dumbles sound fancy, probably can't afford one of them either! I know that TW's cost over 20G's! :o

7. Voxman

Voxman Moderator Staff Member

Never had any problems working on live amps here ... just need to know where to work and where not to. But till then do what 1Wak does ... put your hand in ya pocket and hold on, safety first so you don't get bit! That little blue spark hurts like hell when it bites ya! :)

8. 1Way

1Way Active Member

I got zappage by reaching in a huge unglugged PC monitor once, and a bug zapper that was plugged in! I guess your grounding and contact surface area makes a difference in terms of shock damage. I was lucky both times with minimal short term effect. But my hair was more curly than normal for a few weeks! ;D I suppose that if you are really well grounded or have heart trouble (pace maker's beware!), the leathal threat becomes more pronounced. I mostly stay away from high voltages, but so far (this week) I'm leaning hard toward moding a 5watt Epi Jr. for a cheap portable practice rig, although the little Crate 5watt might be better for me. Working on "live" (plugged in?) amps, I bet you do know what is where and why then.

9. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

every time i get shocked, i get this uncontrolable urge to scream out...."Bob SAAAGetttttt!!!"

10. If You Want Blood

If You Want Blood Active Member

[quote author=skidshark link=topic=9492.msg128435#msg128435 date=1155838287]
    every time i get shocked, i get this uncontrolable urge to scream out...."Bob SAAAGetttttt!!!"
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D

11. SG dan

SG dan Active Member

are you perchance refremcing tourettes guy? :lol:

12. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

who's tourettes guy?? :?

13. EL_DIABLO

EL_DIABLO Guest

14. alexrules43

alexrules43 Member

[quote author=skidshark link=topic=9492.msg128457#msg128457 date=1155844098]
    who's tourettes guy??  :?
    [/quote]
    The guy who screams out "Bob SAAAGettttttttttttt!"

[size=1pt]If you were being sarcastic, I look like a doofus[/size]

15. the bacon

the bacon Member

[quote author=alexrules43 link=topic=9492.msg128476#msg128476 date=1155854186]
    [quote author=skidshark link=topic=9492.msg128457#msg128457 date=1155844098]
    who's tourettes guy?? :?
    [/quote]
    The guy who screams out "Bob SAAAGettttttttttttt!"

[size=1pt]If you were being sarcastic, I look like a doofus[/size]
    [/quote]

whats wrong with petes hand in your avatar!

16. alexrules43

alexrules43 Member