Green Custom SHop SG

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by RockabillyWillie, Dec 21, 2005.

1. 74 Jailbreak

74 Jailbreak Member

Every single link...is broken. WHY?!

2. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

[quote author=74 Jailbreak link=topic=5721.msg194572#msg194572 date=1190926740]
    Every single link...is broken. WHY?!
    [/quote]

Because this thread was started two years ago.

3. RockabillyWillie

RockabillyWillie New Member

Hey again everyone. I am still looking for this damn guitar! I just saw a standard version of it on ebay right now, but it looks pretty bad and the guy wants $1149 for it and it's in pretty bad shape. Email me if you know anyone selling a clean special or standard version of this guitar. Thanks!

4. RockabillyWillie

Here is the link to the ebay ad if you want to see what it looks like.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140634063992&category=33034&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

I remember walking into the guitar store one day around 1993 and they had just got in a whole shipment of custom shops in this color scheme. An SG special, SG standard, Les Paul Standard, Les Paul Studio, Explorer, and FLying V. All Dark Metallic green with a pearl pickgaurds, and gold hardware. They are very beautiful in person. I loved the way they all looked, but the SG Special played the best, So I bought it. I have been looking for another one for almost 18 years now. Hopefully I'll find one. I'd also be interested in any of the other instruments with this color scheme.

5. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

It looks a lot like this one:

[​IMG]

6. RockabillyWillie

Those are almost identical looking. Those came out in 2000 I assume in a response to the custom shop ones having such a great reaction. The Custom SHop ones came out in 1993 and were limited numbers. Supposedly they are better built, but I've never actually seen the limited editions in person. From pictures I've seen they are identical. But holding it in your hands is different. I know that the SG special I had was not a normal SG. It had a really thin neck on it and it was really light. Way lighter than a normal one. I wouldn't mind having one of the 2000 Limited ones though.

7. TNT

TNT Active Member

I saw the Custom Shop Teal Green SG for sale at a local guitar shop and the Limited Non-Custom was sold at the same time. The Custom Shop version was made famous by the female Japanese guitar player in the Saturday Night Live Band playing one for possibly the whole season of shows. I think the Limited was $1200.00 and the CS was $1700.00 new.