Greetings and salutations

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by sassypickle, Apr 27, 2007.

1. sassypickle

sassypickle New Member

A forum devoted to the SG? sah-weet.

Anywhoo, found my way here searching for info on my battered and bruised '68 special. If I can get up the courage, I'll post some pics at some though I'm afraid they might be too graphic for younger viewers :-)

I pulled my SG out of the trash. My first thought was "That looks like an SG....OMG, it says Gibson on the headstock....WTF did they do to this thing?"

Someone thought that it would be a great idea to (brace yourselves) rout out the pickup cavity, including the wood under the bridge, and (swallows hard) install a clock mechanism. That's right. A '68 special reduced to a wall fixture. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

So I've been slowly but surely doing my best to clean up the pocket and glue in new wood. After drilling the new bridge posts the other night, I'm proud to report that I stringed her up for the first time and she's plays! No electronics yet, but acoustically I could tell its got character.

Anyways, there's plenty more to be done. I'll probably being doing a full report on the restoration since I can tell you guys are junkies for that sorta thing. :-)

Brian

2. nelsonM

nelsonM Member

A '68 Special.... Clock.

Hi there, and welcome :)
    That's a heck of an interesting story, ! I hope your restoration goes well, and I look forward to the full report (with images :D).

3. Justini

Justini Member

welcome! definently a story not for the faint of heart. i look forward to more on this guitar and hopefully some before picture :) ya can always find something fun dumpster divin; but a guitar?! :D

4. javamagic

javamagic Well-Known Member

Sacrilege! Turning a guitar into a clock? I mean, it's alright hanging them on the wall and never playing them (well, almost) but .....um, :oops:
    We're all desperate to see the pics of the restoration. Check out some of BW's posts for guitar resurrection. And welcome to the party. O0

5. Red devil

Red devil Member

An igloo in the Canadian wilderness of Vancouver
    pics!!!!!

6. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Welcome!

Neo

7. Pickngrin

Pickngrin Member

Hey, that's a good story! Welcome!!!