Greetings earthlings

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by ANGUSMUNG, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ANGUSMUNG

ANGUSMUNG New Member

Hello from outerspace . Actually from Kingston , Ontario Canada . Looks like a great board you have here . I wouldn't have thought a guitar could bring about so much enthusiasm ! Thank God for the internet and Les Paul for inventing the pickup .
    I own 2 SG's , a Gordie Johnson SGJ which has been autographed by Gordie in sharpie and a 1995 Sg Special . Other electrics I own are a Yamaha Image Standard , Yamaha SG700 with split coil option , an unknown Charvel/jackson model , Washburn G2V and an EPI 335 . Amps are 100w Laney AOR and Hiwatt Lead 50R. Cabinet is a Marshall 1960 Lead . Laney is currently out of commission . I am giving serious thought to putting the SGJ up on Ebay to see what I can garner . Either that or simply replace the PUPs with 57 Classics . Hard decision .
    My favorite players are Frank Marino , Alex Lifeson ,Rik Emmit , Angus Young , Pete Townshend , David Gilmour , Eric Clapton with a Gibson , Jimmy Page , Joe Walsh , Johnny Winter , Tony Iommi , Jonh Fogerty ,EVH before he became the current version of EVH , Hendrix . Really too many too list I guess .
    Right now in the car CD player (maybe this should be a poll?) I have :

Iron Maiden - Best of the Beast
    Joe Walsh - Look What I Did
    Eagles - Greatest Hits 2
    Joe manhooder - Night Calls EDIT - manhooder is not his real name ! No cursing I see .
    Bob Dylan - Greatest Hits (most recent)
    ACDC - Back In Black , Flick Of The Switch
    Thin Lizzy - Dedication
    The Who - Live At Leeds

On the turntable : Fastway - Fastway

2. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Welcome aboard!
    So, are the Tragically Hip still doin' it?
    Saw them a couple of times in Houston in the early nineties.

Up To Here and Road Apples are still two of my favorite albums.

Be cool.

:-)
    Neo

3. ANGUSMUNG

ANGUSMUNG New Member

[quote author=NeoConMan link=topic=12200.msg159381#msg159381 date=1169453225]
    Welcome aboard!
    So, are the Tragically Hip still doin' it?
    Saw them a couple of times in Houston in the early nineties.

Up To Here and Road Apples are still two of my favorite albums.

Be cool.

:-)
    Neo
    [/quote]

Yeah , they are still at it and still can't break the US market either . The Hip are pretty much God like in Canada but oddly enough the fellas walk around Kingston without anyone ever really caring . Unless you are a NHLer Canadians are fairly apathetic to stardom . Their latest album is OK , they are always good for one really nice song per
    effort . My favorite is still Fully Completely but I own about 6 others . Trouble At The Henhouse , Road Apples , Up To Here and Phantom Power are all strong records . Decent players , nothing too special as far as guitar work .
    I see one of the guitar players on the golf course from time to time and my father saw the lead guitarist as a patient a few years back when he was complaining of a sore shoulder and neck . They are all very nice guys by all accounts .

4. peterbright

peterbright Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Please don't assume that all of us are from this planet.

5. Justini

Justini Member

I'm not from Earth, but I do have a good deal of friends in the Kingston area including an ex; Welcome to Planet SG :roll:

6. Treadric

Treadric Member

:)Welcome Angus:)
    TJ.

7. Wags

Wags New Member

Welcome!!