Guitar models you've never wanted!

DrBGood

Reaction score
Jackson COW Desert Camo. Ever seen an uglier guitar ? Vomit on blood on mould. It even grew an extra string ...
For sale in my area. Would you pay $450 for this ?

12391883_10153864546325159_8752969154260994236_n_zpsvjq2yg9i.jpg

Madmatt

Reaction score
Jackson COW Desert Camo. Ever seen an uglier guitar ? Vomit on blood on mould. It even grew an extra string ...
For sale in my area. Would you pay $450 for this ?

12391883_10153864546325159_8752969154260994236_n_zpsvjq2yg9i.jpg
I normally like jackson... But, that one is weird..

dbb

Reaction score
NO, but that's because I can't play anything with more than 6 strings!

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
While looking up more on the Corvus I found the Crest. Immediately thought of Col.

Check out the beautiful wood. OMG

GIE0849_bodft.jpg

479x550x69crest_bkcu.jpg.pagespeed.ic.jPKCTtUn6N.jpg

DrBGood

Reaction score
NOW, those are pickguard I like. They don't look like a Plan B that went wrong, like on most LPs.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
From what I read, there were only 162 of these made due to low sales. My guess was it was more like poor marketing or bad timing for what were popular guitars for the music that was popular in the time these were made.

From Gibson:

The Gibson Crest

rarities_Gibson-Crest-in-1970-Gibson.jpg

This exquisite, high-end thinline electric was available during the late ’60s and early ’70s. Setting it apart from its ES counterparts was its rosewood body; other comparable models featured a maple body and a maple block within. This guitar also got its panache from a rosewood scratchplate, bound headstock, floating custom “Crest” tailpiece and inlaid marquetry down the spine. “It was an odd design – a thinline, fully hollow double-cutaway electric with an arched top, a flat back, and a body of laminated Brazilian rosewood,” Carter says. “Shipping totals show 162 from 1969-72. It’s rare simply because there was no demand for it.”

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
Les Pauls

Any non-Gibson/Epi Flying V

The only Model of BC Rich I absolutely love is the Mockingbird, the rest are horrible.

I used to say how much I hate Strats, but I have 3 Super Strats now and those are growing on me.... but the generic run of the mill three pickup strat is still kinda bleh....

I consider my Blackmore Scalloped Neck Hello Kitty guitar a SuperStrat....

mrk

Reaction score
Firebird
Tele
Strat - with the exception of my son's Squier Strat
Any BC Rich
Flying V

DrBGood

Reaction score
I never ever wanted a Les Paul. Heavy, cumbersome, rib poking guitar. What's to like ergonomically in this body shape ? Nothing ...

Until I stumbled on this Epiphone Ultra 1 LP. It answers all the negatives. It has a chambered body, SG weight territory and a belly cut. And on top the pups are incredible.

Never say never.

01.jpg

BACK.jpg

Last edited:

syscokid

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but I'm bringing it back :thumb:
Well, thanks for doing so. And now, I'll play...

Pointy and pretentious looking shredder guitars: They make me feel like playing a style that I have absolutely no skill level for.

Big hollow body jazz guitars: They make me feel like playing a style that I have absolutely no skill level for.

Jaguars and Mustangs: I just don't get it!

Rickenbackers: If Tony Iommi starts playing one, then I'll think about it.

9 years ago, a Strat, a Tele, and a Les Paul, were a big no-no. Until I saw a Strat in Candy Tangerine. Had to have it. Then a G&L ASAT Bluesboy with a spalted maple top. Never seen a top like that before at the time. Had to have it. Then while searching for a white SG to buy, I got starstruck with a MyLesPaul classified, featuring an '05 LP R9 in Faded Tobacco Burst. GAS gremlins took over, and: Had to have it... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Scootermuppet

Reaction score
I don't dislike any guitars - they're guitars!

But I can't see me owning a few types...

Large semi acoustic / Jazz box - I have an Electro-Acoustic for those tones
Anything with a trem arm / vibrato - why add something that encourages going out of tune? - ok, maybe a locking trem...
A bass guitar
A Resonator guitar

Anything worth a lot of money - I'd be scared to play it! :shock:

Having said that, I'd have added 'Anything with a P90 pickup' a while ago, and now I have 2 guitars with them! Like DrB said - Never say never! :D

TDA1966

Reaction score
Why are they all trashing Strats?

In Blackmore's case I read where he said if one of his Strat's wasn't measuring up to that nights performance, for any reason, it was toast.

DrBGood

Reaction score
In Blackmore's case I read where he said if one of his Strat's wasn't measuring up to that nights performance, for any reason, it was toast.
Quite drastic. You have to be able to afford doing that. If I had that kind of money, I'd have to toss my guitar every time I played one.

bchaffin72

Reaction score
I have no interest in pointy shredder guitars
Very little in hollow or semi-hollow bodies

And I have no desire at all
for the model known as Les Paul. :D