Guitar Playin & Weedisms?

Tom Sullivan

Reaction score

Some may not want to disclose any information here - and, I hope this question isn't going to get me banned here - however . . .

• How many of you enjoy playing guitar when you smoke weed?

I'm just curious

Yesterday I played for ~2 1/2 hours - just me, just my guitar, and a very small amp (no special effects, pedals, backing tracks, or metronome). The session seemed like it was only 20 minutes and I was playing everything: blues, rock, jazz, fast, slow, notes, chords, weird things I can't describe - I think it all pretty much sounded good

Playing the guitar was very enjoyable yesterday but today, I have no freaking clue what most of those arrangements involved

So, I am not saying I do or do not partake of the herb - I'm just curious what y'all's thoughts are on the topic

I really don't have any interest in becoming a "guitar god," but I am willing to wager a hefty collection of dollars I'm well within the top 10% of those who get about as much fun-per-minute playing as possible

Thanks

ypnos

Reaction score
Consider myself in..I always smoke before rehearsals and gigs and i almost always before i practice at home. Best music i've ever written was under the influence of THC.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I'd imagine there's quite a few here who like a toked tone session.

As for me, I don't touch my axe when I'm under the influence of anything or in a bad emotional state.

When I'm under the influence (of anything really) I get goofy. It boils down to me liking my instrument (that I and others have worked hard to get and perfect) too much to risk it to me being silly and clumsy while intoxicated (I'm not a small guy) or pulling a Pete Townsend because I'm upset and / or frustrated.

Before anyone says anything, I'm not a good enough player (yet) to feel confident in my ability to work through my emotions by playing. I'm just not there yet. It's safer for me to put it down and cool off.

Biddlin

Reaction score
I hope this question isn't going to get me banned here
If this gets you banned, we should all resign, considering the obscenity and constant impertinence by some members.

Raiyn

Reaction score
If this gets you banned, we should all resign, considering the obscenity and constant impertinence by some members.
dr-evil-right.gif
:p

syscokid

Reaction score
From personal experience... Alcohol alters all cordination in a bad and dangerous way. However, unless you Zombie yourself out with too much THC intoxication, a little bit "stupifies" me were I seem to lock in into a good groove or come up with some cool riffs when I'm just jamming by myself or with other people.

In honor of this thread, I think I'm going to attempt my own version of SWEET LEAF... :dude:

3885711.jpg

ypnos

Reaction score
I've been playing the guitar for 23 years, and i've come to the point where i dont think too much when playing, justy happens, thus smoking weed only enhances the experience and does not stand between me and playing.

Also, smoking weed just makes me chill and have a buzz inside myhead. wont make me act out of control and character like alcohol and some drugs do, so i dont worry about breaking the guitar. why should i?

and being intoxicated after smoking weed????????? NOOOOO............

smitty_p

Reaction score
Hmmm....

All I have when I practice is tea. I only have a couple cups of coffee in the morning, so by the time I practice I've switched to tea.

That's not really a weed, though, I admit.

But, some cheap green tea can taste like a weed!

Raiyn

Reaction score
Also, smoking weed just makes me chill and have a buzz inside myhead. wont make me act out of control and character like alcohol and some drugs do, so i dont worry about breaking the guitar. why should I?
I was speaking in generalities.... I don't get out of control or character, but I'm certainly more clumsy and a more than a bit goofier when imbibing.

Gahr

Reaction score
I don't smoke anything (except for the occasional cigar), and anything more than a pint of beer starts affecting my playing, and especially my ability to remember lyrics.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Its legal up here in Oregon now so it dont really matter bout hiding it or what ever. like going into the grociery store ,hell Walmart selling hard liquire in the Speedy check out stand so WTF. i just mean weed no big deal up here.Smoke Up,Tune Down and Rock Out

Latest posts