Hanging Guitars.

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by Laney1566, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

I have been considering hanging my guitars. I have 5 electric and 1 acoustic. Is there any chance of head or neck problems as a result?
    I know many people do it and all music stores do, but my concern is the stress on the head where the hangers support it. I am tired of digging guitars out of cases and would like quick access to all my guitars IF......it's 100% safe. If I did I would definately get the Hercules style because that is what my floor stand is.

2. lakehaus

lakehaus New Member

I've been hanging mine for years. I chose the Hercules system because I trust the mechanism - pricey, but using the motorcycle helmet analogy... how much is your head worth? I also constructed my own base to ensure a solid mounting surface, and used 3" galvenized deck screws center on studs. I ain't messing around with my lot - and would hate to wake up one morning with splinters and strings and guitar parts on the floor!

I never had an issue whatsoever with hanging them - even vintage pieces. Old photo below...

[​IMG]

3. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Thanks for the reply....That would be a nightmare....Splinters and Strings :-X

4. Raging Taco

Raging Taco Member

yeah man, nice guitars are WAY tougher than that. 100% safe