Hello from Memphis

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by trapdoorspider, Mar 31, 2007.

1. trapdoorspider

trapdoorspider Member

Well, I found this site several weeks ago, but just now got around to visiting this portion of it. Yes, I'm a new member, though if you look at that picture of me you'll see that I'm hardly new to the world. Yep, I've reached Old Cootdom status. :?

I bought my first Gibson back in 1969, an EB-3 bass because my hero at the time was Jack Bruce, and it made sense that if I had the exact same type of guitar, then I could play the exact same way. Funny how it doesn't work that way. I sold that bass sometime in the late 1970s, and boy I wish I had held on to it, based on the prices I see for those on eBay, and mine was in mint condition, with the original case. I often wonder where it is now. Before that, I had a 1959 Fender Precision. That ended up destroyed in a fire when our city's largest music store burned down (I had traded it in for the Gibson, and a few weeks later -- poof). :-\

So what do I have now? I got back into basses a couple of years ago, and at the moment I own three Epiphone Elitist EB-3s (still the closest thing to an original EB3 out there), a 2005 Gibson SG Reissue, and a couple of el cheapo Epiphone EBOs.

So what am I doing on everythingsg.com? Well, since I truly believe that money just burns holes in your pockets, then I decided I would add some six-strings to my collection, which currently includes (in no particular order): a 2006 SG Classic, another 2006 SG Classic (hey, it had different woodgrain from the other one!), a 2000 SG Standard (cherry and beautiful), a 2002 SG Special (black), a 1992 SG Special (white -- recently found on Ebay in really amazing original condition), a 2002 SG Special Faded Mahogany with the wonderful crescent moon inlays, a 2006 SG Special Faded Mahogany, a 2005 Epiphone G400 Vintage Cherry, and a 2005 Epiphone G400 Vintage Mahogany. Oh yeah, and an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus, but I can't remember the year.

So that's me, that's my stuff, and you'll be reading lots of my pesky questions on this forum. Memphis has a really nice Guitar Center, and more importantly, it is home to the Gibson Guitar Factory, where they build various ES-styles but also have a Gibson store so I can check out the latest models in person. Even so, those folks often can't answer technical (and other) questions, so everythingsg.com is a great place. Thanks for letting me be a part of the group. :roll:
    Michael

2. Red devil

Red devil Member

An igloo in the Canadian wilderness of Vancouver
    Hello!!!!
    O0

3. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG trapdoorspider! :) :) :)

You're in good company Trap...... ETSG has Old Coots, New Coots and generally a bunch of pretty great people here! Look forward to seeing you around the site.

4. guitarweasel

guitarweasel Well-Known Member

[quote author=Six String link=topic=12975.msg169045#msg169045 date=1175335076]
    Welcome to ETSG trapdoorspider!  :) :)

You're in good company Trap...... ETSG has Old Coots, New Coots and generally a bunch of pretty great people here! Look forward to seeing you around the site.
    [/quote]

What 6er said!  He and I are a couple of the "OLD" coots. ;)

5. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Hey TDS, that Guitar Acquisition Syndrome done got out of hand!

Um, have you been in the forum gallery yet?
    (I'm another victim of GAS)

Neo

6. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member