Hello. New Guy Here.

Alanbama

Reaction score
I really love this white! It’s not really gloss but it’s not a satin finish either. It really is beautiful. And I really like that finish on the neck. I don’t know if you’ve had the chance to play one but the whole guitar just feels very high quality and solid. The setup is actually very good. The only thing that is not just right is the nut. I’m going to have to file the slots a little. Not that big of a deal though.

laza616

Reaction score
What a long serial number

Pretty awesome guitar. Welcome and thank you for the pictures
These White SGs are something amazing. It looks like Epiphone did a great job with these.
If you are going to swap the nut, try Tusq by Graptech.

Alanbama

Reaction score
Thank you. There’s really not much to upgrade. It came with a Tusq nut and Gibson Burst Buckers and electronics. I really love it.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I am gassing for one of those white SG’s. I have to return a G&L due to a non functioning pickup. I will probably get an EPI standard, as that won’t be much more than the G&L was.

Alanbama

Reaction score
I’ve had it a couple of weeks now and I haven’t found anything wrong or that I didn’t like. I bought a set of the Kluson locking tuners for it. That’s the only thing that I want to change. I love locking tuners and they’re supposed to be a direct replacement for the stock one’s.

DanB

Reaction score
So, I just found this board and decided to join. My name is Alan. Nice to meet you all. I’ve owned a Gibson SG Standard some time ago and I I liked it an awful lot. But it got away and I really missed it. I recently ordered an Epiphone 1961 Les Paul SG in classic white after reading a lot of great things about it. I could have gotten a Gibson but I just didn’t want to pay that much. I’m 67, retired and on a budget. I’m a Classic Rock kinda guy but I like all kinds of music. I started playing in the early 70s. My guitar is supposed to be here on Tuesday the 14th and I’m so excited! Anyway, I’ll come back to this post after I get it and let you know what I think. Take care,all!
Welcome to the SG Forum. You've got a nice collection of guitars! And remember Epiphone SG players are as welcome here as the Gibson people!

Alanbama

Reaction score
Well, I have been trying to find something wrong with my new 1961 Les Paul sg Standard since I got it. I just got around to checking the nut height because I haven’t noticed a problem down there but the nut height isn’t something that’s usually very accurate. Especially on lower priced guitars. It’s perfect! I mean really perfect! .20” on the low side and.18” on the high side. Amazing! For me, that’s perfect! With the exception of my Carvin I have never bought a guitar that was already set up when I received it. This little jewel is definitely a keeper.

Last edited:

Grizzlyman

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum mate, new members are always good, been a bit quiet around here lately…

Latest posts