Hello one and all!

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by LeftyDave, Jul 2, 2007.

1. LeftyDave

LeftyDave Member

LeftyDave here from Alexandria, Minnesota, where the women are big, and the mosquito's are bigger! ha-ha
    I'm completely new to SG's. So new in fact that I haven't even received mine yet, and am still making payments on it! Being a lefty, Gibson is being kind enough to specially make one just for me. How nice of them! Should be in my hands in August sometime. It's nothing fancy tho, just the Faded Cherry, but to me, a guy who lives from paycheck to paycheck, it's huge. I'm not new to guitaring however. I'm 44, and have been a player off and on since I was 15, and recently have gotten back into it in a big way. I'm 110% hooked, and there's no turning back now. I own an Alvarez acoustic 6'er, which sounds beautiful, and an el cheapo Austin strat knockoff, which sounds like ****, thus the decision to buy an SG. I've got a Zoom 505 II effects pedal, which can make some crazy stuff happen to the electric, and a baby 15watt amp, nothing special. Will be picking up a bigger amp after the guitar is paid for.
    My musical tastes run anywhere from Sabbath to the Eagles to Roy Clark and Andres Segovia and almost everything in between, with the exception of rap(leaves a bad taste in my mouth) and old time country, the Roy Rodgers kinda stuff. Not much of a fan of new pop stuff either, especially if it's intended for teenage girls. Naaa...give me good ol' hardcore Rock-n-roll anyday of the week. 'Bout all I got for now, and thanks for letting me in!

2. Lex Lurid

Lex Lurid Active Member

Hello and Welcome LeftyDave O0

We are a fairly civilised bunch and I think you'll enjoy your stay.......Fridge is by the Cigarette Machine, Grab a Cold One and have a look around!

Pip Pip
    Lexie ;)

3. SG John

SG John Well-Known Member

Greetings from the Boston area. I've always enjoyed MN when I've visited there. Good luck with the new axe when it arrives.

4. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Welcome from Portland OR here.
    Nice to have another 40+...... .ahem......guitar player :)

5. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG LeftyDave! :) :) :)

Be sure you check out the "We're Log(ging) Up The Time" thread in General and posting your play time/ band time would really be appreciated!

Be sure when that git gets in you get some pix. We love that kind of stuff......!

6. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Welcome Dave, from another forty-something Dave!

Never got my hands on a Minnesota woman, only a few from Wisconsin and Illinois.
    Built for comfort, yessir!

Roy Clark ROCKS! O0

Enjoy!

Neo

7. LeftyDave

LeftyDave Member

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. I must say, this place feels much more comfortable than the board I've been frequenting of late. UG, all the kids in there! lol...some may get it, some may not.