Hey Look Ma, No Hands!! Warning, Neck dive related

ruster1

Reaction score
Must have been bored after playing this morning. Sent through my SG’s and did the no hand neck dive check.

No concerns on neck dive at all with my set ups, and this is with Grovers on two of them and tuner on occasionally. It’s not like I snapped a quick pick before it plummeted, they stay up just fine.

Anyways, there’s so much chatter about neck dive, how to correct it, design flaw, blah blah blah. Thought I would have some fun and show that not all of us suffer from this syndrome.

How about yourself?

I think if any one of those fine instruments hit the ground I would cry for weeks. Hope you use strap locks or rubber grommets.. If i dont take the straps off much i use the low cost Fender rubber grommets over the buttons.. i use a velcro shirt and strap to prevent neck dive.. lol.. Still keeping an eye out for the G6131-MY? I see the price new is up $ 200 USD.. geeze.. find a good used one .. they are worth every penny if you are a fan..

pancake81

Reaction score
I think if any one of those fine instruments hit the ground I would cry for weeks. Hope you use strap locks or rubber grommets.. If i dont take the straps off much i use the low cost Fender rubber grommets over the buttons.. i use a velcro shirt and strap to prevent neck dive.. lol.. Still keeping an eye out for the G6131-MY? I see the price new is up $ 200 USD.. geeze.. find a good used one .. they are worth every penny if you are a fan..

I agree Ruster, if one those guitars hit the ground I would be devastated. I do use strap locks on two of them, the 61 and the Custom, I have not bought a set for my AY yet. No excuse really, had it 13 years now. I have a few pairs of Schaller’s and they work like the cats meow, highly recommend them.

As for the the MY Gretsch, I am still on the hunt. I was hoping you would have grown tired of your last and wanted to move it along to a fellow ACDC nut, lol. One will come along at the price eventually.

These are the locks I use.

Last edited:

ruster1

Reaction score
It is a toss up between the shaller and dunlop i guess but i hear more good things about shaller.. Make sure you have a net below you when playing the AY model.. that one looks to have the skinny nut like the late 60's and 70's.. I have to admit.. I LOVE the neck profile and nut size on my beater 76 standard.. the wide C shape with narrow nut really feels good in the hand.. and it gets wider up the neck.. just feels right.. curious of the profile on that AY model.. ??

ruster1

Reaction score
I agree Ruster, if one those guitars hit the ground I would be devastated. I do use strap locks on two of them, the 61 and the Custom, I have not bought a set for my AY yet. No excuse really, had it 13 years now. I have a few pairs of Schaller’s and they work like the cats meow, highly recommend them.

As for the the MY Gretsch, I am still on the hunt. I was hoping you would have grown tired of your last and wanted to move it along to a fellow ACDC nut, lol. One will come along at the price eventually.

These are the locks I use.

Oh and for the G6131-MY.. its a keeper.. bought it low to flip.. had a bit of buckle rash.. its just too well built and nails Mal perfectly.. you really do need the gaping holes in the body to capture his sound.. much more organic and woody.. more growl.. keep looking.. you will be glad you did.. I would not hesitate to recommend it.. I had a FENDER only guy give it a try and even he fell in love with it.. imagine that..