Hey

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by DanZ, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanZ

DanZ Member

I'm kinda bored and felt like posting...so....

My name is Dan, Senior in high-school. 6 foot even, 195 lbs. I used to play around with the bass & the harmonica but wanted to try out the guitar. Earlier this year I bought myself a Squier Strat but improved enough to notice the instruments deficiencies fairly quickly. I've been wanting to get an SG for a while now and picked up a 2000 Gibson SG Special (transparent ebony) this week

Locally, there are two music shops. Guitar Center (aka: Guitar Mart/GuiTarget) and a Starving Musician. GC has the selection, but I don't enjoy going there as often (too many show-offs, too noisy to really settle down, crowded) Starving Musician is quite a bit smaller but, has a nice vibe & is much preferred by myself and my buddies as a place to chill/jam.

Other intrests.....lets see,

Music I'm really into: Classic Rock, Progressive Rock, Grunge, Alternative
    Musicians/Bands I mainly listen to: Muse, Rush, The Mars Volta, Coheed And Cambria, Alice In Chains, Faith No More, Queen, Nirvana, Soundgarden, Audioslave, Rage Against The Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, Velvet Revolver, Guns And Roses Pink Floyd, Zeppelin, Metallica, Tool, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Dio, Cream, Clapton, Dylan, Foo Fighters...probably more I'm forgetting

Always been intrested in motorsports: F1 mainly, but NASCAR is okay

I like to watch NFL games, I like even more to play football with my buddies (running-back/guard/quarterback/DE/DT when playing tackle & quarterback when playing two-hand touch...I can't catch for s#!t)

I used to be a sponsored R/C racer...still race Mini-Z at the local track once in a while

Can't really think of anything else at the moment...Any questions and comments? Fire away!

=Dan

2. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Hey DanZ,
    Welcome from another newbie!

:-)
    Neo

3. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

Welcome to ETSG !!

4. Wags

Wags New Member