Hi everyone!Lefty SG fan from Ireland

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Mick, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Mick

Mick Member

Hello everyone on everything SG!I'm Mick and I'm from Ireland.I've been looking at EverythingSG for quite awhile and thought its about time I joined the gang!The SG is definitely my favourite style guitar, probably cos of Mr.Iommi! Being a lefty I find it quite hard to find lefty guitars in shops, especially here in Ireland, so I have eBay to thank for helping me find 3 of the SG's in my collection!Heres some photos of my four SG's.

From left to right-
    2004 Epiphone G-400. Got this form an eBay store in the States. Upgraded with Seymour Duncan Jazz set Sh-4 and Sh-2n pick ups, a bone nut, and Gibson/Grover tuners.
    2004 Gibson worn brown SG Special. Found this beauty in a guitar shop in Dublin,Ireland. I changed the original black/white ply pickguard to a 1 ply all black pickguard and changed the cream pick up selector tip to a black one.
    1998 Gibson SG Standard Ebony.Got this on Ebay recently for a very good price.All the way from Massachusetts to Ireland!
    1982 Gibson SG Standard Walnut finish.Found this on eBay a few years ago from someone in Boston.It had mini grovers on it when I got it, I replaced these with vintage 74 Gibson tuners I won on eBay.

[​IMG]

[img width=360 height=480]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x268/Flynner_photos/100_0821.jpg[/img][img width=360 height=480]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x268/Flynner_photos/100_0801.jpg[/img]
    [img width=360 height=480]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x268/Flynner_photos/100_0819.jpg[/img][img width=360 height=480]http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x268/Flynner_photos/100_0813-1.jpg[/img]

Hope you like the photos!Is there many other south paws on the forum?

2. Laney1566

Laney1566 Member

Welcome to the forum!! :)

3. LeftyDave

LeftyDave Member

Indeed there is another Lefty here. I just joined up as well. Welcome aboard! Nice little collection ya got going there. I'm just starting mine with my first Gibson SG, the faded cherry version. I'm going thru my local dealer for the purchase, and from what I understand, Gibson has to make the thing for me. They were out when I placed the order, so there's definitely lefty's out there buying up the SG's. I almost went with the Epi signature Iommi as I really dig the looks of it, but wound up going with the Gibson instead. No doubt I'll like it, and it's bound to blow away my pile of a strat knockoff I have now.

4. Mick

Mick Member

Hi Dave,great to hear from another lefty! :)
    The faded Gibson Specials are excellent.The feel of the wood is great and looks great,no need to polish these babes either! Yeah the Epiphone signature Iommi looks great, but its really just a Epiphone G-400 (like the one I have) with all black hardware, cross inlays, and very good Gibson Iommi pick ups.If you want a guitar that looks like Tonys,its the one, buts its still an Epiphone!My faded Sg is a far better guitar to play than the Epiphone I have. I'm sure you'll love the SG when you get it!

5. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Jeez, Mick!
    I don't know how you guys do it over there in the UK....
    Drive on the left, the metric system, all your guitars are built backwards, etc.

Boy, am I glad to be an American!

Okay, just kidding.
    Welcome aboard, and congrats on that SG collection!

:angel:
    Neo

6. ESSER

ESSER Active Member

Hi Mick. Nice specimens there.

im lefthanded but play right. ;D

7. LeftyDave

LeftyDave Member

[quote author=ESSER link=topic=14118.msg183088#msg183088 date=1183588362]
    Hi Mick. Nice specimens there.

im lefthanded but play right. ;D
    [/quote]

That's just...well, it's weird! But my kid is worse, he's a righty who plays left! Brain is screwed in backwards I rekon.

8. ESSER

ESSER Active Member

[quote author=LeftyDave link=topic=14118.msg183224#msg183224 date=1183645818]
    That's just...well, it's weird! But my kid is worse, he's a righty who plays left! Brain is screwed in backwards I rekon.
    [/quote]

I can empathise :)

9. mickeyfrets

mickeyfrets Member

Welcome aboard. We Irish are gonna take over this site - and then the world! What part of Ireland are you from, or as NeoConMan suggests, are you from the UK?

10. SG John

SG John Well-Known Member

Greetings from West Ireland(Boston). :)

That's a great collection you have. O0

Hope you enjoy your stay here. It's a nice place.

11. Mick

Mick Member

Thanks for all the greetings guys!In response to Mickeytfrets,I'm from the REAL capital of Ireland, the peoples republic of Cork! O0

12. angus

angus Active Member

I just want to say Im a lefty but I play righty SGs. Anyway Ireland RULES! ;)

13. jc7s1

jc7s1 New Member

As a lefty I cannot get over how amazing your 1982 sg std is in that walnut finish. Simply an amazing find :D

14. javamagic

javamagic Well-Known Member

Welcome to ETSG Mick. I'm another of the Irish contingent - all three of us now if I'm not mistaken. (A long way from taking over! ;D)
    I'm in Ennis. I believe you can still access the map and plant your flag on it. Have a look on the home page. :)

15. vkgphil

vkgphil Active Member

i am late to the party! belated hello and welcome... sweet looking sgs