How many is too many?

Discussion in 'Gibson SG' started by Tim D., Jul 3, 2021.

1. SweetJohnnyD

SweetJohnnyD Member

@ruster1 I'm curious what year/model that sunburst looking SG in your pic is? Do you know what that color style was called that year?

2. Tim D.

Tim D. Member

The one on the left is a 2013 SG Deluxe Lime burst, the one on the right is an SG Modern Blueberry Burst.

3. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

I think you meant this for madhermit and his avatar.. however, his looks like an SG standard in NATURAL BURST.. great finish i might add.. they made limited edition in 1998 and then offered them in the 200's.. and even in 2018 i know they offered them.. just google Gibson SG Standard NATURAL BURST.. and you will find out more.. cheers

Tim D. likes this.
  4. madhermit

madhermit Member

My avatar SG is a 2018 SG Standard in Autumn Burst. It originally had black knobs and switch tip. I may go back to it.

[​IMG]

ruster1 likes this.
  5. madhermit

madhermit Member

Close.

Mine is a 2018 SG Standard in Autumn Shade. They came out looking 2 different ways in person though. I saw about 5 or 6 of then. Most looked more like they took the standard vintage cherry colour and did a mild burst. Only 2 looked like mine which is more like a light orange to brown edges. Seems like it was a tricky colour to spray. It does look like autumn leaves in person.

http://legacy.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2018/USA/SG-Standard-2018.aspx

[​IMG]

Mine is right in the middle of the two above pictures in person. The photo of mine is in a fairly well lit natural light room.

ruster1 likes this.
  6. Westernrider

Westernrider Well-Known Member

How many?

a. Do you have someplace to store the case / gigbag?

b. Can you place it, so your significant other does not notice the new addition?

c. Can you apply the time honored formula where:

G = the number of guitars you currently have
    N = Number of guitars you need

N = G + 1

Thanks to the covid stimulus checks, my newest edition is a Gibson ES-339 substitute, the absolutely amazing value, the Eastman T484.

Someday, I'll have to get some pictures taken and posted ..... most of the ones I've taken just flat out suck. Maybe the pro's can post a how-to / how they photograph guitars post?

ruster1 likes this.
  7. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

They are a fabulous color.. nice guitar..!!

madhermit likes this.
  8. ruster1

ruster1 Active Member

Those Eastman guitars have fret work like no other I have seen.. I tried a SB59 in gold burst.. was fantastic even I love the vintage violin finish more.. I hear the t386 is a great value, the t486 is fantastic and the t59v is fabulous.. I think the plain Jane t386 is a bargain used.. I also believe they have a 1.75 inch nut.. but not sure of the actual string spacing.. I am not a fan of wide nuts..would love to know the neck profile of those semi hollow bodies.. baseball bat or Gibson 60's?

9. DrBGood

DrBGood Well-Known Member

The too many in the equation are for me the ones that don't get played regularly and they get sold pretty fast. I presently have 6 on hooks right in my face and all get weekly play.