How Many Of You Guys Really Use "Whammy Bars"??

Discussion in 'General Music' started by guitarweasel, Aug 15, 2008.

1. 1Way

1Way Active Member

Nice axe! Like the trem, nice contoured body, inset jack, probably nice and hot with just one main volume and tone pots, likely 24 frets. Is that ebony fretboard? Snappy sweet.

2. Zeppelin Rules

Zeppelin Rules Active Member

[quote author=madguitarsolo link=topic=17671.msg218414#msg218414 date=1219306318]
    [​IMG]

That was mine, but I can't remember what it was. I believe it was ZR, but I don't know about OFR. Does anyone know?
    [/quote]

Yea thats a ZR Trem. They've since come up with an updated version of it though. What do you want to know about an OFR? I've got one.

1Way, I have an S series as well and they really are comfortable guitars to play, I'm pretty sure the fretboard is rosewood but dyed dark, and only the new model Ss have 24 frets, and thats an older one.

3. 1Way

1Way Active Member

Thnx for offering info on an OFR, but I'm more into classic rock/blues stuff. Although my last guitar was a Gibson Explorer 425 s/s/hb with a full floating Kahler trem, custom metalic finish and ebony fingerboard. So that guitar sorta reminded me of mine. It was nice, but the bridge pickup was not right.

Think mid 80's metal/hair band Gibby when unfortunately their quality was at a low point. Had nice sounding single coils at mid and neck though. Spring loaded push push coil tap on the volume control, so it was more of a heavy rock/metal guitar. Sold it to a metal dude in Texas, he likes it but agreed that the bridge pickup was dull.

4. Arlabester

Arlabester Active Member

ive really always been a fixed player, and i found that whammys come in almost now use for me. i like tight ryhthm better.

5. 1Way

1Way Active Member

Hard tails are nice. Thats one reason I like Bigsby, I think they tend to have a nice heavy duty feel.