I Apologize...

deMelo

Reaction score
Hadn't read the entire developing of this thread yet.

Good thing we didn't lose Corky, he's actually quite a sweet guy, though a badass biker and whisky aficionado (I'm still trying to convince him to learn how to appreciate real men's liquor - Bourbon - but he'll get there in due time)!

And may our friend Gibsg learn that that attitude ain't gonna lead him anywhere good.

Tony M

Reaction score
Hmmm...
Thread seems to have veered slightly towards memory lane.

Let's see...

I remember the Brooklyn Dodgers baseball team.
Ditto the New York Giants.
The Daily News cost 4 cents. (NYC newspaper).
I saw the original Godzilla in the movies.
Sneakers were Keds or PF flyers. That was it....
Bicycles had 1 speed, except for 3 speed racers.
Gasoline was 23 cents a gallon and had only one grade.
Cars had huge fins and cleverly hidden gas caps.
I actually ate at the original McDonald brothers restaurant once.
I bought a used 1964/65 Fender BF Deluxe non reverb in a pawn shop for eighty dollars.
The United States of America were 48.
Polio was still around crippling people.
Airliners had these large fanlike things on their wings to pull them through the sky.
No one had ever heard of Viet Nam, Fidel Castro or the Edsel yet.
I was at the Brooklyn Navy yard when the worlds first missile equipped
warship, The USS Topeka, was launched.

and a whole lot more...

jtcnj

Reaction score
I remember thinking how cool and awe inspiring the whole era of space exploration and the space race was. I was a few years too young to really appreciate it by the time of the moon landing in 1969.
"Take your protein pills and put your helmet on"

I remember when Skylab was falling more clearly.

Reactions: Ken

Raiyn

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Let's see...

I bought a used 1964/65 Fender BF Deluxe non reverb in a pawn shop for eighty dollars.
Airliners had these large fanlike things on their wings to pull them through the sky.

and a whole lot more...
I've got a pair of PF Flyers.....

Goldmember

Reaction score
Greetings & salutations Ken
You will be assimilated
Resistance is futile.

I remember getting Welch's jelly that were Flintstones drinking glasses once you ate all the jelly. I remember when candy bars were 10 cents, a pack of chewing gum was 5 cents. I remember when you could buy a Big Mac, large fries and large Coke for $1.23 including tax. I remember when postage stamps were 3 cents.

How 'bout candy cigarettes? LOL I used to love those chalky but sweet delicacies! My parents never freaked on them, and they never caused me to start the habit. It wasn't till later, when I discovered the joy of a smoke and a pancake.

Last edited:

Ken

Reaction score
Greetings & salutations Ken
You will be assimilated
Resistance is futile.

I remember getting Welch's jelly that were Flintstones drinking glasses once you ate all the jelly. I remember when candy bars were 10 cents, a pack of chewing gum was 5 cents. I remember when you could buy a Big Mac, large fries and large Coke for $1.23 including tax. I remember when postage stamps were 3 cents.

Thanks for the welcome!! I'll bet that jelly jar had wax on top once you spun off the lid!

Relic61

Reaction score
Over a week ago, Gibsg started a thread by using a video clip of a foreign news reporter interviewing 2 political activists here in the USA. The point of the video was to show the level of Media Bias. A few reply/posts later, the thread started to get stupid. I never did see or read about what got the thread eventually pulled. I don't know if it was the same day the thread got pulled, but as of 5 days ago (last Friday) it was the last time Gibsg was "seen" around here.

That's the thread where he called me, & I quote, a "racist"! Sent his post out for all to see (including email notifications!)
upload_2016-10-28_23-19-46.png

Then, he 'edits' his post by adding 'just kidding' to it! LOL

upload_2016-10-28_23-22-29.png

It was shortly after this, & a friend or two jumpin his a$$ for perceived wrongs doing what he did, that he disappeared.

I know he was being funny in his own strange way but maybe the die was cast & it was already too late for him. Now all we have left is this river of tears! ... Not!

peejaybee

Reaction score
Yeah, I 'member. 'Member when a can of coke was 50¢?
Hell, I remember when a quarter seemed like highway robbery! (I think they were typically fifteen cents around the first time I remember knowing.)

peejaybee

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!! I'll bet that jelly jar had wax on top once you spun off the lid!

I'm drinkin' beer out of one of the old-school Skippy peanut butter jars that was essentially a 16-ounce tumbler with measuring gradations on the side.

thatbastarddon

Reaction score
That's the thread where he called me, & I quote, a "racist"! Sent his post out for all to see (including email notifications!)
View attachment 23587

Then, he 'edits' his post by adding 'just kidding' to it! LOL

View attachment 23588

It was shortly after this, & a friend or two jumpin his a$$ for perceived wrongs doing what he did, that he disappeared.

I know he was being funny in his own strange way but maybe the die was cast & it was already too late for him. Now all we have left is this river of tears! ... Not!

Oops... I just happened bye before the edits...it looked kinda fvcky out of context...all kind a straight up name calling. Soon after(a couple of edits), I realized it was an attempt at satire...a bit lost in translation, I guess. Still...when I first read it, it didn't look good...nuked now though.

Relic61

Reaction score
Oops... I just happened bye before the edits...it looked kinda fvcky out of context...all kind a straight up name calling. Soon after(a couple of edits), I realized it was an attempt at satire...a bit lost in translation, I guess. Still...when I first read it, it didn't look good...nuked now though.

And I admire your ballz for jumpin in like a righteously pissed off human being that knows right from wrong & aint afraid to stand up when $#!t is just plain wrong. Thanks for having my back.
You sir have proved your mettle & have forever earned my respect & support.
Don, not omly are you that-bastard, but you is, tha mutha fvk'n man!

Yet I can't help but feel that thread might have been a big part of why he (GibSG) done aint around no moe.

Relic61

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Let's see...

and a whole lot more...
Dang Tony, you is old!:cheers: I bet you probably went to and remember being at the '64 Worlds Fair too, which probably my earliest childhood memory!

s_f11_40426027.jpg

Not fer nuttin, but you have seen a lot over your lifetime. Without being too political,.. One other thing is certain too, no matter who wins our elections just around the corner, we are sure to see some more changes & crazy goings on over the next couple of years.
Hold on bruddah. We is in for a ride!

Latest posts