I have a question.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Wha?
I read wiki. mayb i got it wrong? Epi manufacturing some in the US as opposed to overseas (China, Indonesia, etc) Kalamazoo/NY. Enlighten me. Ty.

Point should still be valid re wood from China, hand picked or not, unspecified species, not *necessarily of a quality that may or may not be suitable for horn strap hardware. As i said, "IMHO"
respect, always learning from this sites members and their knowlege/experience..
There were some made between 1957 and 1970, mostly acoustics and big archtops. Some are still made in USA but very few models part of the "Masterbilt" series and a very narrow collection of Made in USA: https://www.epiphone.com/en-US/Collection/Made-in-USA.

But were talking SGs here, solid body guitars.

papagayo

Reaction score
The truss tod is not made of light helium gas.

dub-setter

Reaction score
i wouldn t use that horn tip for the strap holder..
seems a to fragile location for the thin screw to me..

Grizzlyman

Reaction score
Lots of fear here about this question.
I’ve done it on a few of my SGs. Works perfectly, no splitting or anything else, perfectly solid.
Just make sure you do it properly, drill a pilot hole smaller in diameter than the screw first.

DrBGood

Reaction score
Lots of fear here about this question.
I’ve done it on a few of my SGs. Works perfectly, no splitting or anything else, perfectly solid.
Just make sure you do it properly, drill a pilot hole smaller in diameter than the screw first.
Still scared the screw will come out ? Use a screw double the lenght oif the original.

Latest posts