I need your opinion’s. Help!

Alanbama

Reaction score
I purchased an Epiphone SG Classic with soap bars in it and it sounds incredible. My problem is I meant to order the SG Special. ZZounds said that they will swap it out for me. This may sound silly but I trust your opinion. I can’t decide between the Pelham Blue or Burgundy. I like them both. So what is the opinion of my friends here?

Dave_11

Reaction score
As far as my preferences go, neither of those Special colors do much for me. I just can't get past the metallic sheen in the paint. Honestly I like the looks of your red Classic better than either of these two. If I were making the decision I would keep the Classic. Sorry that probably doesn't help you any!

laza616

Reaction score
I would have kept the classic but if you want to try a special, pelham blue

Alanbama

Reaction score
Well I haven’t sent the Classic back yet. I do like the color of it. My main complaint and dissatisfaction comes from the pick guard. I much prefer the small one but that’s pretty much it. Maybe I’m just being unreasonable. That’s why I asked you all. Thank you for commenting.

Piper68Special

Reaction score
I got the Classic to substitute for my '69 Special-same pickguard/P-90's/Bound Dot Inlay neck. My only regret in trying to match the '69 is the stop bar tail piece. I wish the Classic had the wraparound lightning bar bridge. As far as I can see that's the only non-cosmetic difference and it is my preferred bridge.

Alanbama

Reaction score
In all my years I don’t think I have ever played a guitar with the wrap around bridge. I wouldn’t mind trying one at all though.

plankton

Reaction score
vADHLUL.jpg

Col Mustard

Reaction score
Well I haven’t sent the Classic back yet. I do like the color of it. My main complaint and dissatisfaction comes from the pick guard. I much prefer the small one but that’s pretty much it. Maybe I’m just being unreasonable. That’s why I asked you all. Thank you for commenting.

Either p/g will rock just as well. it's a minor issue, and I suggest you get both.
Either bridge works fine, and there is some tonal difference, so a guitarist
might want to have both.

One of the best things about Epiphones is that they are cheap enough that
a player can buy more than one. So that's my suggestion of course. You are going to
want both anyway, so you might as well do some extra work and make some more money and get the Pelham Blue model while keeping your current
P-90 SG.

Do this and you'll have a lot of tonal ground covered. Fail to do this and
IMHO you'll always regret the one that got away.
ETSG Wisdom:

IF YOU NEED MONEY,
DON'T SELL YOUR SG...
SELL SOMETHING ELSE

Last edited:

Latest posts