I pulled the trigger and got me a '62 SG/LP

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Being a long time Les Paul guitar owner, I've been wanting to try something else. AC/DC being one of my favorite bands, I thought I'd give an SG a try. :hmm:

While searching online for both modern and vintage SGs, I ended up admiring this all-original (except for 3 saddles), no-issues 1962 Gibson SG/LP on RumbleSeatMusic.com! The asking price seemed reasonable, and after several back-and-forth emails with the fine folks at Rumble Seat Music, I pulled the trigger! :shock:

This beautiful guitar arrived the next morning. After a quick inspection, I plugged her into my Fender Blues Jr, and WOW -- I was totally blown away! The tone on this beauty is warm, crisp sharp and woody, and has great sustain. Sweet! :drool:

Ok, now for the pictures, the first few ones below were taken by Rumble Seat Music.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

sglp.jpg

:D

Tony M

Reaction score
Niiiiice!
Talk about jumping into the SG pond with both feet....
Enjoy it.

Kevin James

Reaction score
Congrats Alex, you already know I think she's a beauty :D

So, how is the neck? Was I right?

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks y'all! I've enjoyed playing my SG last night. I'm already thinking about getting another one! Ha.

Very nice! Were you surprised in the difference between the Paul ans the SG?
Yes, very surprised. I mean, I've never played a vintage guitar before, nor an SG, but the tone from this one is sweeeet! I like everything about the guitar, except for the vibrola. I don't see the need for it, but it's staying there.

Congrats Alex, you already know I think she's a beauty :D

So, how is the neck? Was I right?
Thanks, bud! My SG has a shallower neck compared to my '60 LP RI, but it has a smoother playing feel in my hand. It's different and I like it. :)

cooljuk

Reaction score
Wow! That's a sweet ma-cheen you got there, Alex!

I've had the vintage SG bug for a while. Seeing that one only fuels the fire.

Those Rumble Seat guys are just great, aren't they?

b-squared

Reaction score
Awesome...love it! I'd love to have an SG with humbuckers in it.

:D

BB

javamagic

Reaction score
I like everything about the guitar, except for the vibrola. I don't see the need for it, but it's staying there.

As anyone here with a side-to-side equipped guitar will tell you, it's not to be used (just puts it out of tune!), it's just there to help the guitar balance. :laugh2:

61LPSG

Reaction score
Awesome!
Love the family pic with the Unburst.

And thanks again for getting my account fixed.

telebutcher

Reaction score
Very nice!!!!! The sideways trem just adds WOW factor! I think Gibson should figure a way to put em on the '61 reissues, even if they make them non functional. It would just make them complete IMHO. That is one sweet way to become a SG owner!!:thumb:

Latest posts