I think I’m in love... Headless SG...

Clifdawg

Reaction score
I can't decide if I love this or hate this. IllI give it credit for being both ingenious and hilarious, though. :rofl:

Relic61

Reaction score
I think CliffDawg puts it nicely...

I can't decide if I love this or hate this. IllI give it credit for being both ingenious and hilarious, though.

Yet, I'm a little disappointed to see that the owner went through all this only to turn around & try to flip this thing for a profit. How frik'n typical.

On the video, I heard tuning issues.
Looking at the guitars wanky string angles coming off the tuners to the bridge it seemed to me that it would probably both have tuning issues & be a PITA to tune, especially those gearless Steinberger tuners. The multitude of short, edited & pieced together clips only serve to add to the uncertainty of just how problematic those tuning issues may be.

So, although I wouldn't mind owning this as a conversation piece I doubt it could ever be a reliable gig / performance guitar that would counted on to hold tune, and that really knocks down the price I would be willing to pay for this guitar.

For the $2500 being asked I would rather buy a new SG Standard HP right now. Now that is an awesome gig worthy guitar that is definitely worth the money.

AngelDeVille

Reaction score
It's definitely not a $2500 guitar.

Maybe $600.

The headstock veneer could have been put on in the regular orientation. But I do like the deluxes sticking out the back.

I think I'll break mine and add robotuners.

I don't see any tuning issues that can't be fixed with a set of saddle files

Relic61

Reaction score
I don't see any tuning issues that can't be fixed with a set of saddle files

You can't file away those freaky string angles bub. Just a wee bit wonky with additional unwelcome forces working the strings sideways against the bridge. It's wee todd it.

And those gearless tuners have to be the biggest pain in the a$$ to operate on the back of the guitar like that. Fvk that bull$#it. Stick it on a wall & say, 'Hey look what I got'. The only question then will be, 'are they gonna laugh harder at the silly guitar or at what some sucker paid for it when they find out they gave up $2500 for it!?'
Yikes!

jtees4

Reaction score
As an SG lover, and a former Steinberger owner.....I can't tell you how often I've mentioned that the SG would be the perfect guitar to turn into a headless guitar (usually referring to neck dive issues). However, I'd rather see the body cut out a bit and a real Steinberger S-Trem fitted in there.

Clifdawg

Reaction score
I never thought that much about it, but a headless SG would basically be perfect. I never will love the look of headless guitars, but it would in all seriousness resolve the neck dive and headstock fragility issues at the same time. All without affecting that glorious fret access.

lcw

Reaction score
Whoever made this should be imprisoned.

Gibbo SG

Reaction score
Boo. No thank you. Like we're supposed to reward this type of fantastic repair foolishness. The seller should dunk a football and then hump a rolling donut.
Booooooo.....

Latest posts