Ibanez SG 1977, well worn out.

Discussion in 'SG Copies' started by sazista, Jun 11, 2020.

1. sazista

sazista Active Member

Anybody got one of these? I've a 1977 Ibanez Les Paul which is a fantastic (bolt on) guitar.
    This one is on sale here in Santiago for $750.000, about $1400. He wrote "Law Suit" on it, which means little, but...it's got potential.

2. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

No. But as an Ibanez owner and former avid browser of Ibanez for sale ads I can tell you that people usually somewhat overestimate the value of Ibanez Michaels (Boltons). Just take a look on ebay for example and compare what people wanted for the things and what they got. That one is btw not a Lawsuit and the term itself doesn't mean anything apart from the headstock being a Gibson copy and it seems some people are willing to pay more for that for some strange reason. It's not that they're better or anything compared to others from around that era.

The guitar there is worth a couple of 100 USD tops but if the cracks in the neck pocket are in the wood and not the finish then it's just worth trading for a coconut or something of similar value.

3. Bad Penguin

Bad Penguin Well-Known Member

First off, it's NOT a lawsuit. Late 77/78 is when they used that headstock. Secondly, it's beat BEYOND death! 300USD, I would be trying to get it for half. 200USD MAX for that IF everything is original.

4. sazista

sazista Active Member

Yes, you're all right. I will check it out and if it is anything like the playbility of my Ibanez LP, I'll offer about $300, if it doesn't have damage below the paint. Yes, this one looks like it was used as a hockey stick and puck. I know most of these guys that have these instruments are from the upper class (it's an extremely classist society) that they brought home from a trip abroad and try and sell them for big bucks.
    Here are some pics of my LP. Yes, it's quite grungy. It's been in it's case in a closet since about 1989. It had a fuzzy patina all over the strings and hardware, like something pulled out of an old ship in the sea. It went from my rock to punk era then got put to rest when I switched to prog Strat style stuff.

Attached Files:

5. Von Trapp

Von Trapp Well-Known Member

It would only be worth a couple of hundred anyway in GOOD condition. So 300$? Nah...

+ pro tip:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  6. fos1

fos1 Active Member

I'm an Ibanez fan and I would not pay $200 US.

v/r
    fos1