Installation instructions HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Tone Zone' started by angusyoung, Apr 23, 2005.

1. angusyoung

angusyoung New Member

ok well im about to buy this lyre vibrola tremelo from allparts (heres the link http://www.allparts.com/categories.php?cat_id=419&cat_name=TREMOLO TAILPIECES , its the gold one fourth from bottom) but i dont understnad how it goes on and like what it connects to, etc. does anyone or can anyone give me installation instructions?

Also im about to buy a 57 rythmn humbucker and a angus signature pickup and how do i install pickup covers on them (do u like take off the old cover???) and do u think the PC_0307-002 at www.allparts.com would fit over them in my epiphone sg G-310????????????????????

thanks alot you guys and sorry for the long and tiresome questions.

2. Alex

Alex Administrator Staff Member

If you are going to buy from AllParts, why not save about 40% and but it through the ling on the front page of the website. You'll save money and it helps the webiste and forum too.

3. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member

angus-

FOR SURE use the ETSG discount!! You save 40% off any of the prices you see listed on the Allparts website.

As far as instructions, it will make more sense to you when you see the unit. There are a couple screws near the front and about 3 screws on the tail of the unit. They're all just wood screws so you have to be really careful when installing it. Drill a pilot hole, and work with ease so you don't split with wood and ruin your guitar. I do alot of electronics and setup work on my guitars, but I'm a bit chicken to install a Lyre. I'd probably let someone experienced do it.

H2H

4. TNT

TNT Active Member

AngusYoung basically on an original with the cover off of the tailpiece the frame should be 5/16" above the edge of the lower bout and centered on the bridge and the strap button. I can fax you a diagram that I've laid out that will help.Let me know.

Pickup covers are a personal thing but if you're gonna add some shiny, you might as well go all the way IMO. If you go gold you'll want to replace the tuners with gold too right?

When you get the tailpiece let us know if it comes with setup instructions. If it doesn't, we can help you. I don't see any reason why you couldn't mount it up yourself and save some dough.

5. angusyoung

angusyoung New Member

thanks guys, when i get it i will let you all know. but i made an observation in the newest musicans friend magazine, the angus signature's bridge is parralel with the pickup switch, while the epiphone G-310 (the guitar i want to install the maestro vibrola tremelo on) its back a little bit....thats not good, so i think ill just get thet g-400 epiphone and put it on it

6. maxguitar

maxguitar Member

H2H, if your avatar doesn't stop flipping me off I'm gonna kick his ass!

7. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member

ha ha ha!!!!

H2H

8. skidshark

skidshark Active Member

must be playin some clapton licks there h2h!! :lol: