Introducing a newbie...... DAVE81

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by Wags, Feb 21, 2007.

1. Wags

Wags New Member

This was sent to me by accident....so I just pasted it here where it belongs.

Hi Guys thanks for the warm welcome!! I'm 38 years old and a senior in dental school....USCSD.  After travelling/working from '92-'00, I decided for a career change.  
    I bought my SG in 1982 (an '82 lefty).  I recently bought a Dean ML lefty '79 reissue (a grad. gift not yet in my possession)...a huge Elliot Easton fan and have admired that guitar from afar from over 26 years!!!  But back to my SG, I have decided to clean it up a bit and get definitive info on it...I am looking for a new pickguard (will keep the old original) as it warped in the early 80's, accidentally left it in a car, was a kid then....bad excuse (any ideas where to get one?)...also 1 1x1 cm corner of the headstock has some damage that I'd like to have repaired, although I was told to leave all the battle scars alone for collectors' sake....I will never get rid of this SG so I think I may go ahead and have this fixed.  
    As far as my musical tastes...Mostly 70's rock: Zep, Queen, Camel, Thin Lizzy, Cars, UFO, Rush, Saga, Tull, Rainbow, Whitesnake, Magnum, Journey, Brand X, etc...these bands have some of my fave guitar players in them....I'll try and get a picture of my SG up soon....if anyone has any tips or advise please let me know....thanks again for this opportunity!!! Best Dave

2. NeoConMan

NeoConMan New Member

Dave,
    Welcome to ETSG!
    BUT.... your avatar pic is troubling.
    Let's just say I'm not a cat person and to use one of the horrid little freaks of nature to obscure your glorious mammaries is just not right!
    Let's see 'em! Well, maybe not on the forum. I'll give you my email address if you wish.... ;)

Oh, wait a minute.... those look like the ones in Wags avatar....
    Nevermind. :?

:angel:
    "Bomber Harris" Neo

3. Dave81

Dave81 New Member

Sorry Wags.....and thanks for posting this where it belongs.....Hi Neo, yeah, I'm a bit scattered right now, have National Dental Boards 2 this coming Mon....been posting carelessly I see, not the best entrance!!!  Will get My SG as an avatar soon...trying to find an 'SG' truss rod cover....

oh also love Al DiMeola, Pat Travers, BOC, Triumvirat, Uriah Heep, Pendragon, Supertramp, then all the punk new wave and 80's stuff but I may be alone here on that genre!

4. Wags

Wags New Member

No problem at all Dave.....glad I could help just a little.

Good luck on the Dental Boards on Monday....I can identify with your stress level right now. My daughter just took her nursing boards in July. When she learned that she had passed them, and on the first try, she called me screaming and crying so hard and so loud I had no clue who was on the phone!!

Welcome, and good luck!!

5. Six String

Six String Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ETSG Dave81! :) :) :)