It gets personal

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Biddlin, Jul 29, 2020 at 12:14 PM.

1. Biddlin

Biddlin Well-Known Member

I just found out that a longtime friend has passed from CV19. Robbie Waters was a police lieutenant, county sheriff and city councilman who I worked closely with on a number of projects over the years. He was a true gentleman who loved his neighbors and his city.
    Please protect yourselves and others. Practice social distancing, wear a mask in public and don't promote voodoo.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020 at 12:30 PM
    RhinestoneStrat and Didds like this.
  2. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your old friend. I use an FFP mask any time I am close to other people, and I keep a small spray bottle of IPA in my pocket. I know the numbers in London are way down, but they are bumping along close to the bottom but not disappearing entirely. The stats suggest that the victims these days are mostly teens, who are no longer distancing the way they are advised. So unless the government passes some actual enforceable mask legislation, we are not going to see the end of this curse. Time to start wielding a bigger stick.

Biddlin likes this.
  3. Didds

Didds Well-Known Member

That shouldn't need to be said, but unfortunately common sense doesn't seem too common in these times

4. donepearce

donepearce Well-Known Member

Here's London's latest. The "weekend" effect is pretty obvious.

upload_2020-7-30_14-37-25.png

5. pancake81

pancake81 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that pal, he sounds like a good man and loss to many.

If nothing else, we all have no excuse for not being better players, seems how we should be sitting in our rooms jamming.

6. GrumpyOldDBA

GrumpyOldDBA Well-Known Member

Yeah I lost one friend so far but very worried about next 10 months. We do very little sit in house and luckily are able to work from home.

This virus is a killer and especially good at attacking people with any health issues. But it can also be fatal for people with no health concerns.

Damn I would be happy to pay for my family all getting a couple of the different things now in phase 3 trials. I don't really care anymore that they are not thru the phase 3 trials there are some very promising ones out there now.