Jane Wiedlin rocking her SG Jr.

MR D

Reaction score
Here's The Go-Gos induction and performance at the RnRHOF.

Still sound fantastic, great band. If Jane gets a signature Junior, they should base it off the silver sparkle one she's playing there.

There they are ! I always get them confused w/the 'Walk Like an Egyption' babes !
An aside:
Right when Belinda went her own way My Buddy was Belinda's Guitar player for a couple of tours ! GOOD TIMES, OH YEAH !! I did the set-up's on the DEAN Axe the Management gave him ! Sharp A$$ Axe too ! Back in the DAZE !!! There is a video on YOO NUBE of the show in Monte Carlo, '89 (?)......

TheDixiePig

Reaction score
Great video An Abiding Dude! Drew's obvious fan girling was a hoot to watch too, you could tell she's having one of the best moments of her life. This thread made me go and watch some of the old Go-Go's videos. Always loved 'em, still have my copy of Beauty and the Beat on vinyl. During my video binge I noticed in the video for "Vacation" that both Charlotte and Jane are playing SG's. Charlotte has a Jr, and Jane has a Standard that looks like it might be matte black. The link that Decadent Dan posted is great too. I found it interesting that the reason she loves SG's are almost exactly the reason I got one. I'm a rather short dude with small hands. A band I used to play in, our guitarist was a woman who is barely 5 ft. and she played an SG. I asked her if I could play it one day, and was surprised how much easier it was to play compared to a Fender style guitar for me. My friend had hers stolen, and even with all the other instruments she has, Gretsch, Fender, ESP, she still talks about her SG and wishes she had it back.

Go Nigel Go

Reaction score
I always liked the Go-Gos, very listenable for a band that made it well into the top 40 charts in the '80s. What surprised me about them the most was when I got their multi CD retrospective Return to the Valley of the Go-Gos back in the mid '90s. Of course I was pretty familiar with their hits, but what impressed me the most was the first disc which had a lot of early recordings and "basement tapes". Those ladies could make some really pleasant to listen to Pop, with some hidden fires that made it interesting and ever so slightly dangerous sounding. The reason is that in the beginning those girls were pretty damn punk. Now I can hear the influence even in their radio hits, but I would never have guessed when I was bopping along in the car to their radio hits and thinking "This isn't bad at all..." that they had started out in the underground punk scene in the 1970's wearing dresses made from garbage bags and writing songs like "Johnny Are You Queer?"and "Fun with Ropes".

Edit: better audio

.Love them. :dude:

Last edited:

angus'luvchild

Reaction score
JW is just absolutely gorgeous! I still think that Rush Hour is one of the best unheralded trax of the 80s.

Dangerhouse77

Reaction score
Yep, the Go Gos got their start in the early LA punk scene. Belinda was the original drummer for the Germs. And I believe Jane used to go by Jane Draino. That early LA punk is still some of my favorite music ever.

MR D

Reaction score
Yep, the Go Gos got their start in the early LA punk scene. Belinda was the original drummer for the Germs. And I believe Jane used to go by Jane Draino. That early LA punk is still some of my favorite music ever.
Jane DRAINO ? BWAH HA HA !!! People used to snort that $#!T, from what I remember, IDK why....YUCK.....and......its not like Los Angeles, or anywhere else FTM, has an illicit drug shortage, yes?

Last edited:

3bolt79

Reaction score
Did anybody ever seen the vid of the fan guy wanking in front of the Go Go’s? I thought to myself, now that’s rock-n-roll:dude:

MR D

Reaction score
Did anybody ever seen the vid of the fan guy wanking in front of the Go Go’s? I thought to myself, now that’s rock-n-roll:dude:
LMAO !!! No, did not see that one...BUT YEAH !

BWAH HA HA HA , who could blame him ? HA HA HA !!!! LOL !!!...OH I needed that laugh ! .....and the Guy didn't get arrested ? WOW ! "Hey ..ya fuckin Jerk-Off, cut it out !", I can hear it now ! BWAH HA AH !!!

Latest posts