Japanese Made Telecaster

Larry

Reaction score
Lawn Giland, New Yawk (as we natives call it)
I just picked up Fender Telecaster that says "crafted in Japan" on it. I really don't know much about these other than it looked and played very nicely. I've heard that they're equal to or surpass the Mexican ones and in some cases the American ones as well.

Is this true? I have no idea since I've never owned any kind of Tele before this one.

bradsure

Reaction score
I bought a 57' RI Strat from this guy. My luthier said it is the nicest Fender I've owned. I've got a few MIA and MIM Strats and Teles. He has some good information on the Non export Crafted in Japan models. The earlier models had Made in Japan on them. I've been playing mine clean through my new Fender Twin. My first tube amp. I have to agree though. The CIJ Fenders are as nice, if not nicer than the MIA models. O0

bradsure

Reaction score
[quote author=bradsure link=topic=14247.msg184730#msg184730 date=1184615708]
I bought a 57' RI Strat from this guy. My luthier said it is the nicest Fender I've owned. I've got a few MIA and MIM Strats and Teles. He has some good information on the Non export Crafted in Japan models. The earlier models had Made in Japan on them. I've been playing mine clean through my new Fender Twin. My first tube amp. I have to agree though. The CIJ Fenders are as nice, if not nicer than the MIA models. O0
[/quote] I keep forgeting to post link. :uglystupid2:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320115437875

Larry

Reaction score
Lawn Giland, New Yawk (as we natives call it)
Telecaster_S834406.jpg

Thanks Wease!

Here's a photo of what it looks like (not my actual guitar).

EveryMn

Reaction score
[quote author=Larry link=topic=14247.msg184741#msg184741 date=1184619011]
Telecaster_S834406.jpg

Thanks Wease!

Here's a photo of what it looks like (not my actual guitar).
[/quote]
Antigua burst for the win.

I'd love to do a Warmoth custom something like that someday...

Strange Brew

Reaction score
Nice Tele, Larry O0

I think Japanese Fenders are the best value guitars out there - in terms of build quality, playabilty and consistancy.

I have three Japanese Fenders - an 86 Strat, and two Telecasters: a 96 "JD" (Jerry Donohue) Model, and a mid 80s Rosewood ("Let it Be" era reissue)

The only criticism I have (of those models I have owned, at least) were Fender's use of cheap switch, pots and caps - and pretty ineffectual pickups. So I put Bareknuckle Pickups in all three of them. Perfect!

bradsure

Reaction score

Latest posts